Old 22 May 2006, 15:09   #21

Boat name: Seashell
Make: Redbay
Length: 7m +
Engine: Inboard diesel
Quote:
I was assuming Tim had some no claims? Unless you know something I don't
He does. Jimbo kindly rescued me three weeks ago on the M3 when I wrote my car off.....

Old 22 May 2006, 15:33   #22
ADS

Town: Dorset
Length: 4m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M
He does. Jimbo kindly rescued me three weeks ago on the M3 when I wrote my car off.....
Hope your alrite Tim, what happened! Im guessing it wasn't your fault then....I assume it was your new Astra.

Old 22 May 2006, 16:24   #23

Yer I'm fine......Was driving towards Southamton at rush hour. Was in the fast lane but not doing a great speed (40ish maybe) in a bit of a tail-back. Bloke in front of me was driving too close to the car in front and slammed on his brakes....I ended up going into the back of him. Off to the auction on Thursday to get another Astra!
Old 22 May 2006, 16:31   #24
ADS

Quote:
Yer I'm fine......Was driving towards Southamton at rush hour. Was in the fast lane but not doing a great speed (40ish maybe) in a bit of a tail-back. Bloke in front of me was driving too close to the car in front and slammed on his brakes....I ended up going into the back of him. Off to the auction on Thursday to get another Astra!
Not to bad then, inevitable really, shame the car was written off, one of those things though Best of luck finding another one, I too will be doing the used car hunt in a few weeks
Old 22 May 2006, 16:37   #25

Town: Leatherhead
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo
I have been toying with the idea of one of these for quite a while.

Drawbacks are you can't insure them for road use, and they are apparently illegal on a pavement.
They are illegal anywhere other than on private land. Same applies to mini-motos

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! Bullshit and brilliance only come with age and experience.
Ribald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2006, 16:44   #26
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Quote:
Bloke in front of me was driving too close to the car in front and slammed on his brakes.... I was driving too close to him and I ended up going into the back of him.
Fixed for you!

John
Old 22 May 2006, 16:52   #27

Were you there Mr Kennet? I think not....fair dos I could have been further back but there’s no denying that he did brake very quickly.

If the details must be known, this accident didn't write my car off, well sort of. Whilst having the minor damage it sustained repaired, it became apparent that my car was a "cut and shut" and hence was a death trap and not worth repairing. (And yes I did do an HPI check before I bought it and it came back clean). I am now out of pocket to the sum of the car and have to find another one. I thank you for your compassion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	astra.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	19446  
Old 22 May 2006, 17:05   #28
ADS

Quote:
Were you there Mr Kennet? I think not....fair dos I could have been further back but there’s no denying that he did brake very quickly.

If the details must be known, this accident didn't write my car off, well sort of. Whilst having the minor damage it sustained repaired, it became apparent that my car was a "cut and shut" and hence was a death trap and not worth repairing. (And yes I did do an HPI check before I bought it and it came back clean). I am now out of pocket to the sum of the car and have to find another one. I thank you for your compassion.

Thats a bugger Tim, if you don't mind me asking did you buy it privately or from a dealer, can you get some money back on it from the vendor?
Old 22 May 2006, 17:11   #29

Bought it from an "fellow" (who informed me while I was filling in the V5 that he didnt like dealing with "white boys") in London. At least I will have lots of spare parts for the next one!
Old 22 May 2006, 17:21   #30
ADS

Quote:
Bought it from an "fellow" (who informed me while I was filling in the V5 that he didnt like dealing with "white boys") in London. At least I will have lots of spare parts for the next one!
Oh dear, not good. Where was it cut and shut?
Now I may be wrong but the 1.7dti that was in your Astra I think is the same unit that is in Andre's Seahawk 3, the 1.7 Mercruiser unit. I assume the engine is ok, can you see where this is going