Old 22 November 2008, 02:17   #21

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post
I find windows mobile much better than the nokia 85 I have at the moment!!!

Whoops i meant the 95!!!
Old 06 December 2008, 21:15   #22

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Well I decided to keep it The first software update has made it the phone it should have been .. the dodgy acelerometer has been fixed,.. along with a load of other stuff ...... Look out Apple

Heads up on one thing though .. the network provider ends up telling me you need to pay an extra tenner a month to access some of the phone features, like sat nav and email now thats a good old fashion con.. after I bought it ... grrr
Old 07 December 2008, 13:19   #23

Town: Fleet
Boat name: Hudson
Make: Ribeye Sport
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
No but I love the iphone. Have you tried it? (What on earth are you going to need 32gb for - its a phone!)
Have to agree as a recent convert to the iPhone that it's a stunning bit of kit. And the size is right - I was a bit reluctant to go back to a larger handset.

After a few weeks, what I really like is that the interface 'just works' and still impresses. I certainly use it one fingered (well one thumb) for a lot of stuff like phoning.

The applications are also getting increasingly better too (from the app store). Some are just quirky/fun and others are outstandingly useful on a phone.

Can't remember the last phone I had before this that just didn't p!ss me off with its interface.
Old 13 February 2009, 21:23   #24

Coming back to this thread and after using the phone for a while now I have to say its still a top phone searching contacts is a doddle and my biggest fear .. that I couldnt use it one handed is un founded , you can.. The sure press screen works brilliantly, without the mistake touches you get on an Iphone

I thought my N95 series 2 was good because it was fast but this is definately as good if not better for business use
Old 13 February 2009, 22:23   #25

Town: Wilmslow
Boat name: Serotonin
Make: Quicksilver
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mariner 15
This looks worth a bid then http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Blackberry...3A1|240%3A1318
Old 14 February 2009, 07:29   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred bolton View Post
hmm .. good question Fred, getting new and unused would certainly be best, as the screen is so large, you wouldnt want it damaged/marked. It comes with a protective plastic layer on it, and I am still on my original one with no signs of it needing changing yet, and its in use all day every day As to cost, I only paid £100, since I was already with Vodaphone who had them exclusively. Nowadays since its been out for a while, I'd have thought the price would have come down a bit, and his 'buy it now' price seems high, but I havent shopped around so couldnt say for sure.

Remember also, there is a little con here .. if you want to use its full Blackberry services and GPS tool, you'll need to pay an extra tenner a month for that .. something not mentioned to me when I got mine

I'm not clear about that storm being sim free either .. or is it still locked to Vodaphone ? I suspect it will be. Might be worth a call to Vodaphone direct and see what they are selling them for,.. you might be surprised

Oh yes .. remember to get the latest software update for it, as it sorts a lot of early bugs out