Click Here to Login

Old 19 October 2007, 22:01   #1

Town: Bromsgrove
Boat name: Kick-Ass !
Make: PAC/Artic 22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 250hp Yamaha
bad boat dealers .Ancasters boat sales tut tut,,,,,

I was lucky enough to get out on my ski today in the glorious sunshine off Brighton with a buddy of mine. We were having a good blast around between the pier and mariner when we saw two guys on the hull of an over turned power boat waving for help. We had seen the boat earlier doing some pretty fast sharp turns, the boat was probly about 28-30ft and seriously moving.

We rushed over and checked the guys were OK, they seemed to be in shock and extremely worried that the boat was about to sink as only about 1/4 of it was above suface at this point. We quickly calm them down and rang for help, the coast gaurd arrived pretty quick. Soon after a big crusier turnned up to tow the overturned power boat back to Brighton mariner. Think the young guys did not own the boat because the cruiser had a for sale sign on (£185k) and after they went we found a for sale sign floating with the same company name on it for £45k Shocked Think somone would of got an extreme roasting , but they should count them selfs extremly luck to be unhurt and alive and niether of them were wearing a life jacket/Buoyancy aid Angry
Old 19 October 2007, 22:03   #2

Town: Bromsgrove
Boat name: Kick-Ass !
Make: PAC/Artic 22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 250hp Yamaha
stolen from another site

Defo looked on abit of a jollie throwing that boat around like a ski, Ben (AKA pwc forums: lemorte) made the call to the guys office as they requested, hence they sent out the big cruiser to pick em up. Very surprised it didn't sink as so much of it was under water. I did try and tow them to the beach but the guy could not hold on to the line I threw, I would not let them tie it to the boat as if it went down it would have taken my ski as well. Stayed afloat in the end, guess it will need a a bare shell rebuild £££ Embarrassed Had te coast gaurd'd plane fly by a couple of times too.
Old 19 October 2007, 22:26   #3
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: Dominator
Make: SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yam 85
MMSI: 235055163
RIBase
Not sure you should be naming them-the owner might not know yet!

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2007, 08:22   #4

Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Used 'Boatshed' to sell a boat. Pretty positive experience. Wouldn't and never would have used Ancaster. Usually run by snotty yachties that know next to F'all about 'stink' boats.