Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 25 February 2012, 17:01   #231
Member
 
Maximus's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,272
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave View Post
I'm on a ship in Luanda harbour we got half a meg link between 26 of ud and work from 06:00 to 18:00 i set the challenge im my lunch break and now I'm off shift so it's time to be happy! I had to give 2 to 1 odds on the ship .now thats a test of patriotism!,

i'll happily give you doublr or quits for next year !

For my money the biggest mistake england made ever was not getting Sean Edwards in as the coach when he was out of contract but there you go

Whilst I am in mid gloa the real good news is that i'm now tanned enough to drop down to factor 20
you Lads got mucg sun at Home?

gGtta go me and the other Welsh guy on Board gotta do some Choral Work
Fair enough Rougie!.. Double or quits it is! Wales did well,but they were expected too!
To my mind the Wales squad is peaking, and can go on and win the Grand slam,where as England are very much still in the building stage...Should be a ALOT better unit NEXT YEAR!
I do agree with you about Sean Edwards though! A Class act! and we definately missed a trick there!
Hope youre enjoying the 'Beano'!!
__________________

__________________
A clever Man learns by his mistakes..
A Wise Man learns by other people's!

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2012, 19:25   #232
Dhf
Member
 
Dhf's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Length: no boat
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,012


O land of my fathers, O land of my love,
Dear mother of minstrels who kindle and move,
And hero on hero, who at honour's proud call,
For freedom their lifeblood let fall.

Wales! Wales! O but my heart is with you!
And long as the sea
Your bulwark shall be,
To Cymru my heart shall be true.

O land of the mountains, the bard's paradise,
Whose precipice, valleys lone as the skies,
Green murmuring forest, far echoing flood
Fire the fancy and quicken the blood.

For tho' the fierce foeman has ravaged your realm,
The old speech of Cymru he cannot o'erwhelm,
Our passionate poets to silence command
Or banish the harp from your strand.


Sorry boy's not trying to rub it in or anything.
__________________

__________________
Dhf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2012, 02:47   #233
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Ebbw Vale, Gwent
Boat name: Seabay
Make: Avon, Bonwitco
Length: 3m +
Engine: 4,25,35 Johnsons
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 172
Originally Posted by Seabay
Proud to be Welsh

Why ?



If I have to explain you really wouldn't understand -It's a Taffy thing

Indespension part No. 19-12, 19-12, 19-12 Chariot Wheel bearings = Nil Stock !
__________________
Seabay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2012, 03:51   #234
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabay View Post
Originally Posted by Seabay
Proud to be Welsh

Why ?



If I have to explain you really wouldn't understand -It's a Taffy thing

Indespension part No. 19-12, 19-12, 19-12 Chariot Wheel bearings = Nil Stock !
Currently the best side in the 6N struggled and were VERY lucky to get past a bunch of low/no cap kids who had only played together 3 times previously. Enjoy the win, it could be the last for a few years to come.
__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2012, 04:27   #235
Member
 
kerny's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Ashton-under-Lyne Lancs
Boat name: IMOGEN
Make: Air-Craft 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 60
MMSI: 235087492
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,040
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to kerny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollers View Post
Currently the best side in the 6N struggled and were VERY lucky to get past a bunch of low/no cap kids who had only played together 3 times previously. Enjoy the win, it could be the last for a few years to come.
__________________
kerny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2012, 04:32   #236
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Ebbw Vale, Gwent
Boat name: Seabay
Make: Avon, Bonwitco
Length: 3m +
Engine: 4,25,35 Johnsons
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 172
We have waited 24 years for this one so patience is one thing we got
I really enjoyed the game, Exciting to watch.
__________________
Seabay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2012, 13:50   #237
Member
 
Bigmuz7's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollers View Post
Currently the best side in the 6N struggled and were VERY lucky to get past a bunch of low/no cap kids who had only played together 3 times previously. Enjoy the win, it could be the last for a few years to come.

Quite agree .. I was quite stunned at times at what those English lads were able to do Wales got the job done though eh Tonyt ? .....

I think with some maturity that England side has some real promise for bigger things.

As for Scotland today , the usual mix of total brilliance and utter pish ........ .... I thought we were going to 'ave 'em at one point
__________________
Bigmuz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2012, 14:13   #238
Member
 
tony t's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: west mids /tywyn
Boat name: HAWK
Make: RIBCRAFT/ Suzuki 250
Length: 7m +
Engine: Tohatsu 3.8/15hpsuzi
MMSI: 235086594
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmuz7 View Post
Quite agree .. I was quite stunned at times at what those English lads were able to do Wales got the job done though eh Tonyt ? .....

I think with some maturity that England side has some real promise for bigger things.

As for Scotland today , the usual mix of total brilliance and utter pish ........ .... I thought we were going to 'ave 'em at one point
I did say that who ever won yesterday would win the slam i thought we defended well we knew wales would start like they did and try to bury us

You could see that defeat hurt the lads its nice to see them given the chance i did like Jono he was my hero as a player but i,m so glad he as gone.. nice to see we are giving these young Guys a chance

If it wasn't for that video ref Welsh boyo Jambo we could of got the extra 2 points because that was a Try
__________________
When you get to the end of your rope..tie a knot and hang on..!!
Aberdovey Ribs
B.I.O.C.Member
B.S. LEADER
tony t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2012, 15:01   #239
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: New Forest
Boat name: Charlie Brown
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: 275 Verado
MMSI: 235069179
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,072
Send a message via MSN to Zippy
I just don't get it.. there was no shot that showed downward pressure and some of the stills today show an arm under the ball. as much as i want to say it was a try... it wasn't...

England did great, Dickson had an outstanding game and i was shouting at the telly when Youngs came on. he just isn't in the game right now and it showed!

Matt Stephens came on to show some of the old ill disciplined habits die hard.

Farrell and Barritt were very strong and boy can they both tackle!

Wales were the better side over 80 mins, rode there luck and deserved the win.

lots of positives to take from the game and i still think we have one more win in the england side this tournament.
__________________
Zippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2012, 15:31   #240
Member
 
tony t's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: west mids /tywyn
Boat name: HAWK
Make: RIBCRAFT/ Suzuki 250
Length: 7m +
Engine: Tohatsu 3.8/15hpsuzi
MMSI: 235086594
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
I just don't get it.. there was no shot that showed downward pressure and some of the stills today show an arm under the ball. as much as i want to say it was a try... it wasn't...

England did great, Dickson had an outstanding game and i was shouting at the telly when Youngs came on. he just isn't in the game right now and it showed!

Matt Stephens came on to show some of the old ill disciplined habits die hard.

Farrell and Barritt were very strong and boy can they both tackle!

Wales were the better side over 80 mins, rode there luck and deserved the win.

lots of positives to take from the game and i still think we have one more win in the england side this tournament.
Look i started the thread so if i say it was a Try it was a Try okay it nearly started a riot in the pub yesterday i was the only English man in a pub full of taffies funny they didn't see what i saw either

your right though Farrell and Barritt had great games
__________________

__________________
When you get to the end of your rope..tie a knot and hang on..!!
Aberdovey Ribs
B.I.O.C.Member
B.S. LEADER
tony t is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.