Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 09 June 2012, 11:06   #1
RIBnet supporter
 
Chris Caton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,199
Menai 23rd June ......Bananashark

Hi, is anybody else going to be around the Menai area on 23rd June when Bananashark will be passing through The Menai on way round britain E-Lites Round Britain Charity Challenge with BananaShark

Cookee will be really happy to see a few ribs about to help guide them across Caernarfon Bar, past the speed limit at Port Dinorwic, through the Straits and to Puffin Island, should be a great spectacle and no need to try and keep up with their usual cruising speed, Cookee has promised to slow down for us so we can have a good look, especially for you Rocky
__________________
Chris Caton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 June 2012, 13:39   #2
Member
 
tony t's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: west mids /tywyn
Boat name: HAWK
Make: RIBCRAFT/ Suzuki 250
Length: 7m +
Engine: Tohatsu 3.8/15hpsuzi
MMSI: 235086594
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Caton
Hi, is anybody else going to be around the Menai area on 23rd June when Bananashark will be passing through The Menai on way round britain E-Lites Round Britain Charity Challenge with BananaShark

Cookee will be really happy to see a few ribs about to help guide them across Caernarfon Bar, past the speed limit at Port Dinorwic, through the Straits and to Puffin Island, should be a great spectacle and no need to try and keep up with their usual cruising speed, Cookee has promised to slow down for us so we can have a good look, especially for you Rocky
Yes we will be there me rocky and mick to show safely past puffin
__________________

__________________
When you get to the end of your rope..tie a knot and hang on..!!
Aberdovey Ribs
B.I.O.C.Member
B.S. LEADER
tony t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 June 2012, 13:44   #3
RIBnet supporter
 
Chris Caton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony t View Post
Yes we will be there me rocky and mick to show safely past puffin
excellent news, i fink it'll be HT, so no probs
__________________
Chris Caton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 June 2012, 14:04   #4
RIBnet supporter
 
mick's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wakefield
Boat name: Bouncer
Make: Redbay Stormforce
Length: 6m +
Engine: 2x Honda 90Hp
MMSI: 235025718
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,984
Funny not got any work on that sat
__________________
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 June 2012, 14:08   #5
RIBnet supporter
 
Chris Caton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Funny not got any work on that sat
dat's wot i call forward planning
__________________
Chris Caton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 June 2012, 14:15   #6
Member
 
HUMBER P4VWL's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,013
Already hoping to be there to steer him the opposite side of perch rock to TT, RR et al
__________________
HUMBER P4VWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 June 2012, 16:16   #7
Member
 
tony t's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: west mids /tywyn
Boat name: HAWK
Make: RIBCRAFT/ Suzuki 250
Length: 7m +
Engine: Tohatsu 3.8/15hpsuzi
MMSI: 235086594
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL
Already hoping to be there to steer him the opposite side of perch rock to TT, RR et al
You lot have no idea how to have fun
__________________
When you get to the end of your rope..tie a knot and hang on..!!
Aberdovey Ribs
B.I.O.C.Member
B.S. LEADER
tony t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2012, 03:47   #8
Member
 
Cookee's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,225
Thanks for starting this Chris - Looking forward to seeing a few of you guys - don't forget to bring your cameras!
__________________
Cookee
Originally Posted by Zippy
When a boat looks that good who needs tubes!!!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2012, 05:33   #9
Member
 
HUMBER P4VWL's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookee
Thanks for starting this Chris - Looking forward to seeing a few of you guys - don't forget to bring your cameras!
Not sure if I've got a fast enough shutter speed! It might just be a white blur.
__________________
HUMBER P4VWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2012, 08:47   #10
Member
 
tony t's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: west mids /tywyn
Boat name: HAWK
Make: RIBCRAFT/ Suzuki 250
Length: 7m +
Engine: Tohatsu 3.8/15hpsuzi
MMSI: 235086594
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL View Post
Not sure if I've got a fast enough shutter speed! It might just be a white blur.

We could dangle you off the Menai Bridge with your camera i,m sure rocky will help hold you
__________________

__________________
When you get to the end of your rope..tie a knot and hang on..!!
Aberdovey Ribs
B.I.O.C.Member
B.S. LEADER
tony t is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.