Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 03 February 2008, 13:28   #41
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollers View Post
He loves it so much, he's bought a Vipermax....
Shhhh

Talking of Ospreys, .........
__________________

__________________
Downhilldai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 March 2008, 09:18   #42
Member
 
Maximus's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,272
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
hi,just read your thread and the cruise sounds like fun!Ill keep my eyes on the details and will be in touch again.Concerning the north south debate I would definately agree the Southern option is the better one.
At the risk of upsetting our northern breatheren,in my expeiriance it generaly is!!! ha!
__________________

__________________
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 March 2008, 14:18   #43
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bristol
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,194
definately better!! should be good, nearer the time will post more details,
__________________
matt h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2008, 13:11   #44
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Sennen
Boat name: Cousin Jack
Make: Carson 500
Length: 5m +
Engine: Merc 75
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 29
Having read all the posts, I have to agree that leaving from the South coast would be better. More options... I would say Penzance as that has the easiest launching, parking etc. Fuel is only 3 min drive away. As most of you guys are travelling a long way, perhaps should should have two options. If the weather is going to be good. Leave from Penzance, enjoy more time in the scillies. Its not a place to be rushed. The other option would be Falmouth, if the weather was crappy, you can spend days exploring the Fal and Helford or if the weathers good blast your way to the Scillies from there......
__________________
Cornish 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2008, 14:17   #45
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bristol
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,194
ok Cornish, thanks for that,,(hopefully you will be around for this)

It Definately will be a south side Launch

currently planning things such as fuel and bad weather stops etc,

What i do need to know at this early stage is fueling points at Falmouth, The Scillies and of course Penzance,
Contact Numbers? (are there any ribnetters that operate fuel pumps etc)
names?
location,
Are the fuel stops tidal?
Pontoon located?

any info would be great,, also the cruise is a family affair, so the more the merrier but overall its got to be a safe adventure!!
Ps the previous weekend is a bank Holiday, Traffic is nasty, hence the following weekend was chosen,, (also its my Birthday)

also getting to the point where i will book spaces at Penmarlem Campsite,(Fowey) so can i have some definate's
__________________
matt h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2008, 03:18   #46
RIBnet supporter
 
bedajim's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cambs/Northants
Length: no boat
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt h View Post
ok Cornish, thanks for that,,(hopefully you will be around for this)

It Definately will be a south side Launch

currently planning things such as fuel and bad weather stops etc,

What i do need to know at this early stage is fueling points at Falmouth, The Scillies and of course Penzance,
Contact Numbers? (are there any ribnetters that operate fuel pumps etc)
names?
location,
Are the fuel stops tidal?
Pontoon located?




any info would be great,, also the cruise is a family affair, so the more the merrier but overall its got to be a safe adventure!!
Ps the previous weekend is a bank Holiday, Traffic is nasty, hence the following weekend was chosen,, (also its my Birthday)

also getting to the point where i will book spaces at Penmarlem Campsite,(Fowey) so can i have some definate's
The only one I know is at Mylor see the link it's on the pontoon

http://www.mylor.com/the-harbour/facilities/harbour.php

And reading other posts I've belive its best to take fuel with you if possible
__________________
bedajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2008, 03:55   #47
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
I'm reasonably familiar with the Fal. I'll post details nearer the time. There are two points within Carrick Roads for petrol. If it's big amounts, maybe my truck, 'Gerald the Can' and Asda might be the way to go.
__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2008, 19:15   #48
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollers View Post
... If it's big amounts, maybe my truck, 'Gerald the Can' and Asda might be the way to go.
Mollers wouldn't entertain flogging petrol at a mere 20p/litre profit, unless there was certainty of 500 litres changing hands
__________________
Downhilldai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2008, 05:39   #49
RIBnet supporter
 
bedajim's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cambs/Northants
Length: no boat
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,499
We've booked into Penmarlem Campsite from the 23rd May-1st June to do some more exploring
__________________
bedajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2008, 05:48   #50
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedajim View Post
We've booked into Penmarlem Campsite from the 23rd May-1st June to do some more exploring
Bit of a Vipermax party me thinks.


http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=350038835653

Mine's on the way.
__________________

__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.