Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 17 December 2004, 12:41   #81
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Ipswich
Boat name: Obsession
Make: ORKNEY PILOTHOUSE 20
Length: 6m +
Engine: SUZUKI 70
MMSI: 235024496
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 390
Just checked local forecast.
AM Westerly 4-5 = 18-24 MPH
PM Westerly 3-4 = 12-17 MPH

It will be coming off land but it will be mighty lumpy out there, especially in the morning. I don't want to cancel but I think from the safety aspect it would be better to leave it until the new year or over the Christmas period.
I would hate to see a thread about an accident of the East Coast. What does everbody else think??. My Mobile is 07966 541171
__________________

__________________
Never be scared of the sea but always respect it.
www.aquasnaps.co.uk
Wayne Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2004, 12:55   #82
Member
 
Louise's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Reading
Make: None
Length: under 3m
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,039
Good call Wayne. We prefer to err on the side of caution! Really looking forward to doing it another time though!
__________________

__________________
MUM POWER!
www.biboa.com
Scorpion RIB Group on Facebook
Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2004, 13:05   #83
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Ipswich
Boat name: Obsession
Make: ORKNEY PILOTHOUSE 20
Length: 6m +
Engine: SUZUKI 70
MMSI: 235024496
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 390
Weather Forecast Not Good

Bad news I'm afraid but due to the weather forecast a I think it would be better if we cancel tomorrow rather than somebody ending up in the water. I would hate something to happen when it was me who organised the cruise. I hope everbody will see this in time, but to be on the safe side if you have the contact numbers for anyone who was coming could you give them a call and let them know.I have told Louise and I will let Daniel TD5 and Peter know.
__________________
Never be scared of the sea but always respect it.
www.aquasnaps.co.uk
Wayne Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2004, 13:43   #84
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cowes
Boat name: April Blue
Make: Humber 6.5 Extreme
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki 140hp
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 72
Thank you Wayne for letting us know. If you are doing something in the new year I would be very interested


Roy Webster
__________________
roywebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2004, 14:09   #85
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Boat name: Seashell
Make: Redbay
Length: 7m +
Engine: Inboard diesel
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,263
O well.
__________________
Tim M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2004, 14:29   #86
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Chelmsford/Anglesey
Make: Avon SR/RibLite 3.1m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda 30hp/Yam 8hp
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 970
We'll go with your decision, Wayne, no problem. We'll be there for the next one.
__________________
Phil Davies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2004, 15:10   #87
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: london
Boat name: Frances May
Make: vailant DR450
Length: 4m +
Engine: mercury 50 hp
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 761
Send a message via Yahoo to Daniel TD5
not to worry see you next time

dan
__________________
GET A RIB GET A LIFE
Daniel TD5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2004, 15:47   #88
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: London
Make: Humber Ocean Extreme
Length: 8m
Engine: Optimax 225
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 313
well I just got off the train at Manningtree and it was blowing westerly straight down the Stour and cold with it..

At the end of the day you would have been protected in the Orwell but theres a limit on what you can do . I personally dont see it as that dangerous cos you can poke your head out of Harwich harbour where it will give you a good indication of whats about or even before where the Orwell and Stour meet.

Having said all that I now do not have to lug the battery back on the boat or reverse the 8m down the slippery Levington slope at low water so ....
__________________
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2004, 15:56   #89
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Ipswich
Boat name: Obsession
Make: ORKNEY PILOTHOUSE 20
Length: 6m +
Engine: SUZUKI 70
MMSI: 235024496
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 390
I know what you're saying Phil, as I have been going out from Levington for over 24 years, but if you're travelling hundreds of miles with a 4-5mtr rib in tow and arrive and find the conditions are not suitable I think you would be a bit p-----d off.Better to wait and everybody enjoy the day than go out in what can be dangerous waters at Languard point in a small boat.If I had taken Louise and Richard B out in mine and something had happened you might of got a bit of business.
__________________
Never be scared of the sea but always respect it.
www.aquasnaps.co.uk
Wayne Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2004, 16:05   #90
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: london
Boat name: Frances May
Make: vailant DR450
Length: 4m +
Engine: mercury 50 hp
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 761
Send a message via Yahoo to Daniel TD5
phil

i think waynes right at least three rib would have been under five meters and have over 2 hours drive to get to levington for a bad weather day not worth the risk of a a crap day

dan
__________________

__________________
GET A RIB GET A LIFE
Daniel TD5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.