Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 14 July 2011, 16:33   #371
RIBnet supporter
 
Erin's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: A large rock
Boat name: La Frette
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200 Suzzy
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Channel Ribs View Post
Surely this is more The Witch's area? Who is supplying the goat this year.
So that's where you've been going wrong! Your do realise it's a jetskier you have to sacrifice.....

...any volunteers?
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2011, 16:53   #372
Member
 
Paul Cannell's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Kings Lynn
Boat name: Blow 'N' Away
Length: 7m +
MMSI: 235085136
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 474
An afternoon on the rack would help the backache after the crossing
__________________

__________________
Paul Cannell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2011, 16:56   #373
RIBnet supporter
 
Trevor G's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Crowthorne
Boat name: Black Adder+BabyBlue
Make: Shearwater + Avon
Length: 8m +
Engine: TDi Diesel + Merc 60
MMSI: 235026679
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 837
Assuming that the weather is OK and the cruise goes ahead, I'm happy to co-ordinate info on any of the Boats / Ribs / PWC that are intending to participate.
Here's my suggestions...

I recommend that anyone that hasn't already done so registers their boat with the HM Coastguard's CG66 Voluntary Safety Identification Scheme - if there are any problems it means the coastguard have a head-start on what they are looking for.

Ideally PM, text or e-mail me with as much of the following info as you feel you want to give:
1. “Real” Name
2. Ribnet Name
3. Boat Name
4. Boat description (make, length, colour, engine, fuel type)
5. Mobile phone number.
6. Number of people hoping to be on-board - ideally with names and other mobile numbers if they have them.
7. Where you are launching/starting from.
8. “Home” contact – ie someone that could be contacted if there are any problems.
9. Where you are staying on Alderney.
10. Intended return date (as some people are thinking of staying on for a few days longer).
11. Anything else you think might be useful in case of any incidents or breakdowns.

Have a passage plan prepared so if you lose your satnav you know what bearing to follow and for how far.

Make sure you have studied the approach to Braye/Alderney Harbour so if we end up in fog you know what approach to take so as to avoid the rocks! If you don’t have your paper charts at home to study, I’ve found it well worth subscribing to UK Wide Harbour Pilotage, View Full Size Marine Charts Online where you can view detailed charts on your PC.

You don’t need your passport or ICC for the Channel Islands, but I’d suggest you bring them anyway if you have them just in case anything goes wrong and you end up in France!

Please remember that this is an informal cruise, and every skipper is responsible for their own passage planning. Whatever other boats decide to do and whether to go or not, it is up to each skipper to decide whether the weather conditions are suitable for their boat and their experience.

Lets hope the weather plays ball....

Trevor
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Braye Harbour.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	60848  
__________________
Trevor G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2011, 17:11   #374
RIBnet supporter
 
Erin's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: A large rock
Boat name: La Frette
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200 Suzzy
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Cannell View Post
An afternoon on the rack would help the backache after the crossing
And the pyre will help the chillblames no doubt
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2011, 04:21   #375
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: Joka-Tu
Make: Monterey
Length: 6m +
Engine: Inboard
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor G View Post
Assuming that the weather is OK and the cruise goes ahead, I'm happy to co-ordinate info on any of the Boats / Ribs / PWC that are intending to participate.
Here's my suggestions...

I recommend that anyone that hasn't already done so registers their boat with the HM Coastguard's CG66 Voluntary Safety Identification Scheme - if there are any problems it means the coastguard have a head-start on what they are looking for.

Ideally PM, text or e-mail me with as much of the following info as you feel you want to give:
1. “Real” Name
2. Ribnet Name
3. Boat Name
4. Boat description (make, length, colour, engine, fuel type)
5. Mobile phone number.
6. Number of people hoping to be on-board - ideally with names and other mobile numbers if they have them.
7. Where you are launching/starting from.
8. “Home” contact – ie someone that could be contacted if there are any problems.
9. Where you are staying on Alderney.
10. Intended return date (as some people are thinking of staying on for a few days longer).
11. Anything else you think might be useful in case of any incidents or breakdowns.

Have a passage plan prepared so if you lose your satnav you know what bearing to follow and for how far.

Make sure you have studied the approach to Braye/Alderney Harbour so if we end up in fog you know what approach to take so as to avoid the rocks! If you don’t have your paper charts at home to study, I’ve found it well worth subscribing to UK Wide Harbour Pilotage, View Full Size Marine Charts Online where you can view detailed charts on your PC.

You don’t need your passport or ICC for the Channel Islands, but I’d suggest you bring them anyway if you have them just in case anything goes wrong and you end up in France!

Please remember that this is an informal cruise, and every skipper is responsible for their own passage planning. Whatever other boats decide to do and whether to go or not, it is up to each skipper to decide whether the weather conditions are suitable for their boat and their experience.

Lets hope the weather plays ball....

Trevor
Hi Trevor

Just to let you know the SB&R co-flotilla is all covered with shore contacts, informing cg of passage plan etc. so you don't have to worry about us

We'll tie in with the group crossing however and will let you know if any numbers change as we approach the weekend. (I'll try to keep our herd of cats near your herd of cats )
__________________
jokaboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2011, 14:16   #376
Member
 
Channel Ribs's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: Alderney
Length: no boat
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,047
That lovely high pressure, currently at 1037, is now tracking NNE when we really want ENE
__________________
Channel Ribs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2011, 16:56   #377
Member
 
martini's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: jersey
Boat name: Martini II
Make: Arctic 28/FC470
Length: 8m +
Engine: twin 225Opti/50hp 2t
MMSI: 235067688
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,021
Actually I'm kinda praying for a postponement, work has begun on my motor but we're not there yet
__________________
martini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2011, 03:33   #378
Member
 
Channel Ribs's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: Alderney
Length: no boat
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by martini View Post
Actually I'm kinda praying for a postponement, work has begun on my motor
Road trip!
__________________
Channel Ribs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2011, 09:00   #379
Member
 
Paul Cannell's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Kings Lynn
Boat name: Blow 'N' Away
Length: 7m +
MMSI: 235085136
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 474
Weather

Friday 22nd, Yarmouth IOW.


10:00 Bst 290° 7 mph to 9 mph. 15C 0 mm 19300 m 1020 mb
13:00 Bst 290° 6 mph to 8 mph. 16C 0.3 mm 19400 m 1020 mb


Alderney 24th

10:00 Bst 350° 12 mph to 14 mph. 15C 0 mm n/a 1020 mb
13:00 Bst 320° 10 mph to 12 mph. 15 C 0 mm n/a 1021 mb
16:00 Bst 290° 13 mph to 15 mph. 16 C 0 mm n/a 1020 mb
__________________
Paul Cannell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2011, 06:46   #380
Member
 
Channel Ribs's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: Alderney
Length: no boat
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,047
The great big high is losing a bit of pressure, but is at least now tracking NE.

Windfinder is offering a forecast of F1 into F4 for Friday and threes for the weekend.

Edit: XC shows it the other way round for Fri, starting at F3 and dropping into the afternoon.
__________________

__________________
Channel Ribs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.