Make: XS // Delta
Length: 6m +
Engine: 60hp // 2x90hp
2 Outboards stolen from Llandudno SC

Just had this email regarding stolen outboards:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYA
Llandudno SC have had 2 RIB outboards stolen from the boat park- 18th January

1 x Ancient.... Mariner engine (Diver’s club rib) not sure of the HP on this one but it is a manual lift 2-stroke.

1 x Suzuki 40HP 4-stroke removed from the LLSC Humber RIB. 2 year old newly serviced

In both cases control cables were cut and engines removed. If you are approached please contact North Wales Police
Old 26 January 2012, 17:29   #2
RIBnet supporter

Town: Hants
Length: 8m +
Engine: 300hp plus
Ooops unfortunately Kraken 999 you jumped the gun with your post yesterday as below in Wales---

"This shower had their collars felt on Friday 13th. Unlucky for them and a great result for Dyfed Powys Police.

In answer to the question "Did they recover all the motors?" They recovered all the motors they had stolen on this particular occasion! If you catch my drift?

I alluded to this group of individuals back in May last year on a thread titled Police & Ribs when there was an assumption by many that it was travellers responsible for the series of outboard thefts we are suffering. Also back in 2009 when some Eastern Europeans were arrested following similar thefts in Cornwall.

Provided they are convicted I'll do better than put their addresses in the public domain (this is usual for persons charged to the Court). I will arrange to publish their photographs and vehicle details on here so that we may all be aware of who they are and what they look like so that we are all better able to protect our property from them if they turn up in your area by advising the Police of their presence.

Matter is obviously sub judice at the moment so am limited until post any conviction as to the amount of detail it is appropriate to circulate at this stage.

It will be interesting to see if there is any lull in the theft onslaught whilst they are in custody?"