Old 11 April 2008, 16:11   #11
Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
I had an experience off the Summer Isles in Scotland recently I wont forget with a Minky, as usual I didnt have a camera, but I had my neighbour who lives there.. I dont. Neither he or I had seen anything like it.

Basically, we got circled surfaced beside us on the starboard side first, then reapeared on the port doing the same then in front of us on the bow, then behind us on the stern .. We could see atleast 12ft before the dorsal fin and about 8ft behind I knew it was a Minky but I was scared shitless by the girth across its back as it was right next to us.. it bared about 6 feet left to right .. after this it dissappeared for about a minute then came at us a mid ships and dived under the boat. I was on the key ready to move at this point, but my neighbour suggested we stay as he suggested they are really nosey.. It reappeared from the other side, dived under us but this time hit the bottom of the rib, and we felt it,.. so we started the motor and left I can honestly say that was a seriously scary moment I just wish I had the pics.. he might have been playing , but I can tell you it wasnt fun for us

Bigmuz7 is offline   Reply With Quote