My Ribeye 650S was beginning to look a little tired and having put a new Yamaha 150 on here at the back end of last year I felt for commercial purpose that I should do something with the tubes. There was nothing fundamentally wrong and at a distance you were hard pushed to see.
And even closer up they look OK.
But closer inspection revealed some issues. There were two patches on either side caused prior to my buying the boat, they were professionally repaired and met all the MCA coding survey requirements, but for charter work I wanted better.
There were also other signs of wear which I wanted fixing.
Following a chat with the guys at Ribeye, we came to an arrangement and I towed Darwin down to Ribeye HQ in Dartmouth and they got to work. And what a great job, they also replaced the elephants trunks as well and this week I went down and towed her back. I am really pleased!
and I also got an all over cover to protect the investment!
It is quite strange to see tubes inflated without the appropriate hull!!
The guys at Ribeye have done a great job and I am very happy with the outcome. Roll on tomorrow when she goes back in the water.