Old 18 April 2006, 16:45   #261

Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
i had a think about rearsets but might look odd, i have got a friend picking up some of those steps i mentioned below which should be good i think for him. If i cant get any then i will make my own foot steps, that way i can custom design them for him

we should arrange a osprey get together for all those with ospreys, never see them about so would be good to get a few together

Quote:
Originally Posted by osprey__viper
Well done Chris, good to see your new boat in the water.

As to the foot peg issue, what about rear set's off a bike. Might find some on e-blag that you could modify.

When are you coming up to robin hood land????

Old 18 April 2006, 17:01   #262
Now back to being Mollers!

Town: Arundel
Boat name: Mike Bravo 1
Make: Scorp
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yanmar 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jardon
we should arrange a osprey get together for all those with ospreys, never see them about so would be good to get a few together
Sounds good, anyone know where there's a suitable barn?!

Old 18 April 2006, 17:14   #263

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice
Sounds good, anyone know where there's a suitable barn?!
i was thinking that real ribbers with ospreys might meet on the water for a cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you scorp owners could do the same....
Old 18 April 2006, 17:25   #264
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: WhiteNoise/Dominator
Make: Ballistic 7.8/SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Opti 225/Yam 85
MMSI: 235090687/235055163
RIBase
Can we have an SR4 owners meeting next to a glue vat then?

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2006, 17:35   #265
Now back to being Mollers!

Town: Arundel
Boat name: Mike Bravo 1
Make: Scorp
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yanmar 300
Quote:
i was thinking that real ribbers with ospreys might meet on the water for a cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you scorp owners could do the same....
Flippin' eck!! Coz' I can't be arsed to get cold and wet in the winter months I'm considered a lightweight ribber eh? I'm the guy that's done the offshore delivery trips changing headsails in 64knts of wind! Poncing about in a rib on a Saturday afternoon in January just ain't my idea of fun. Actually apart from a yoke anode I'm ready to go. So bring it on.
Old 18 April 2006, 18:19   #266

Town: Exmouth, Devon
Length: no boat
Quote:
i have a large grab handle infront of the passenger seat so he can hold onto that, i think a short length of rope securing him to that grab handle is probably the best option. But need a fast way of disconnecting in case of an emergency.
Just use a standard sailing safety line - made for the job! They have quick-release hooks but won't come undone accidentally. Usually have a harness on the body (or lifejacket with harness - most kids inlatable ones come with harness) but you just have to be comfortable that the anchor point on the littl'un is strong enough. Some of the lines are a bit long - 2m or so and some are elesticated so you don't have loads of slack flapping about. You could put it right round him and hook his end over the line. Let me know if you want one - only down the road.
Old 18 April 2006, 18:31   #267

can i pop round one evening to look at the bits as i need a couple of life jackets? and some bits and bobs
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCC
Just use a standard sailing safety line - made for the job! They have quick-release hooks but won't come undone accidentally. Usually have a harness on the body (or lifejacket with harness - most kids inlatable ones come with harness) but you just have to be comfortable that the anchor point on the littl'un is strong enough. Some of the lines are a bit long - 2m or so and some are elesticated so you don't have loads of slack flapping about. You could put it right round him and hook his end over the line. Let me know if you want one - only down the road.
Old 18 April 2006, 18:35   #268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice
Flippin' eck!! Coz' I can't be arsed to get cold and wet in the winter months I'm considered a lightweight ribber eh? I'm the guy that's done the offshore delivery trips changing headsails in 64knts of wind! Poncing about in a rib on a Saturday afternoon in January just ain't my idea of fun. Actually apart from a yoke anode I'm ready to go. So bring it on.
of course i do enjoy a bit of fishing as well nowt better than pulling in a big one now and then

looking forward to meeting some of the cornish boys and girls when we are down. hopefully the mackeral/mackarel/meckeral/meckarel fech, will be there at the same time for me son, he loves his fishing.
Old 23 April 2006, 19:02   #269

After my first Launch last weekend i found out that the trunks are just below the water level so had to invest in a bilge pump. Just got a cheapy 360gph one as all it needs to do is pump out any rainwater that may have made its way into the boat while moored up. works a treat and only 12. Fitted it and wired it up this evening, finished around 10 mins ago....must be mad
Old 25 April 2006, 19:32   #270

i looked at these foot pegs that flip out, they would be perfect except the problem is the edges are really sharp and in the summer could be a real leg scraper so I dont recommend them to anyone.

i am going to make a nice foot rest out of wood and marine ply, that way i can make it to my spec and have lots of rounded edges etc and it wont cost a bean which is an added bonus

if anyone else has made foot rests from wood then please post a pic as any inspiration would be good

will post a pic when i have come up with a design, perhaps i should patent it as i dont want people splashing copys of my hard work

spent the eve tonight moving my wheels forward now most things are finished to get a better balance on the trailer and tow hitch, what a pain in the arse job i must admit single handed.......

Quote:
these look to be the best bet for functionality and price etc

http://www.mailspeedmarine.com/Produ...1-091548f61cf1

if anyone knows where i can get them cheaper to save on postage that would be cool