Click Here to Login

Old 07 February 2006, 18:40   #1

Town: ATHENS
Boat name: AKOUNA MATATA
Make: X-TRIM
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2X225 4STR JOHNSON
Boats Manufactured In Greece

Here are the 2 boats i have...both of them are from Greek manufacturers and my beleif is that they are very very good taking in mind that as Greeks we make nautical camping,which means staying inside the boats for days while cruising to our beautiful islands...the first in an 8m cabin with 2x140str johnson which is also for sale and the second is a 10m 2stepped hummer hull with 2 tent cabins and separate shower/electrical WC compartment.... with 2x225 4str johnson....top speed is 47kn with full load which is about 4-4,2tonnes...
Old 07 February 2006, 20:58   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by signum
Here are the 2 boats i have...both of them are from Greek manufacturers and my beleif is that they are very very good taking in mind that as Greeks we make nautical camping,which means staying inside the boats for days while cruising to our beautiful islands...the first in an 8m cabin with 2x140str johnson which is also for sale and the second is a 10m 2stepped hummer hull with 2 tent cabins and separate shower/electrical WC compartment.... with 2x225 4str johnson....top speed is 47kn with full load which is about 4-4,2tonnes...
sorry but i can not upload fotos......
but anyways you are free to ask anything about GREECE, RIBS and anything similar.....
Old 07 February 2006, 22:50   #3

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Would love to see the boats - if you can't upload try resizing them

use this

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...ertoySetup.exe

Just right click on the files and select small - upload 5 at a time!!!
Old 08 February 2006, 10:48   #4

here are the pics from the 1st boat which is now in sale....it is 8m with 2x140HP 4str johnson with extras you can not even imagine..... it is made for long staying inside the boat for nuatical campling!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SA700181.JPG
Views:	247
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	17432   Click image for larger version

Name:	SA700183.JPG
Views:	234
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	17433   Click image for larger version

Name:	SA700189.JPG
Views:	247
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	17434   Click image for larger version

Name:	SA700197.JPG
Views:	215
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	17435   Click image for larger version

Name:	SA700203.JPG
Views:	256
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	17436  

Old 08 February 2006, 11:55   #5

And this is my 2ond 10m with 2x225 4str JOHNSONs....As you see it has no "rigid" cabin but with tents i have two separate "bedrooms" (sleeping at least 4 person) max height is 2.10m and inside the cockpit it has a electrical WC plus shower....Carries appr 700lt of gas and 300lt of water....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	xtrim1.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	17437  
Old 08 February 2006, 12:36   #6

Town: Cornwall
Length: no boat
Lovely looking boats Signum
I wish my mate Mollulnan could see them, he'd have lots to say.
Old 08 February 2006, 12:50   #7

thnks mate.....as we say here in Greece, most of our ribs are for camping use..that means the deck is mostly made for the person/s to be able to "live" from a couple of days up to 15-20 days of our vacation time during August....
So, apart from the hull, the deck is capable of sleeping some people,has shower,gas for cooking,toilet etc etc...and also we have yr type of boats like COBRA,RIBEYE that are bought mainly for people who want to travel from island to island and sleep in hotels and not in boats.I don't know if you have the same mentallity......
Old 08 February 2006, 13:34   #8

Town: West Sussex
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by signum
thnks mate.....as we say here in Greece, most of our ribs are for camping use..that means the deck is mostly made for the person/s to be able to "live" from a couple of days up to 15-20 days of our vacation time during August....
So, apart from the hull, the deck is capable of sleeping some people,has shower,gas for cooking,toilet etc etc...and also we have yr type of boats like COBRA,RIBEYE that are bought mainly for people who want to travel from island to island and sleep in hotels and not in boats.I don't know if you have the same mentallity......
Signum

we here may like to drive our ribs in the rough but when it comes to sleeping well that has got to be first class , after a day on the water you cannot beat a comfortable bed , good food and a good pint or more
Old 08 February 2006, 13:38   #9

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
We don't exactly get the same weather over here - and with the tides and currents you have to be pretty sure of your anchor before going to sleep!!!

I would love that lifestyle though - love Greece - especially the coast up from Marathon.

Corinth canal looks wild - would love to go through it in a RIB at full speed - would look great in a James Bond film!!!
Old 08 February 2006, 14:00   #10

Andre....i can asure you that after 7 years with boats...at least fo me and my wife, sleeping in the boat is better than any 1st class hotel.....ofcourse and to answer and to codprawn our islands have a lot of beaches and coasts that you have almost no fear to sleep inside.....Specially in summer we are discussing for temp of 35-44 celcius, so the night breeze is the best....and the "matresses" are for a very pleasant and relaxing sleep...
also we have a lot of places that you can through anchor,pass across the road and sleep in a nice hotel and from your balcony you can see the boat.
Personally i prefer the boat since i have anything i need....TV,radio/cd,toilet,shower and in the group i belong here in Athens (www.ofse.gr) we make a lot of travel.....
Wish the distance was smaller so, you could understand that if you live in Greece you have almost anything in a "touch" distance....
from my parking in the sea is 3min...the quicker trip is 40minutes away....
But from hearings i have our seas are not as rough as yours....so it is a hole different mentality in building boats here in Greece from there....That's way for example COBRAs' here are very very "light"....just console and sitting places....
As far as Corinth canal....sorry mate but max speed when passing is 5-6knots....and depending from boat about 60-70euros per passing....
Old 08 February 2006, 18:48   #11

Town: Wyke Regis, Dorset
Boat name: SuRely Knot
Make: Tornado
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150 Optimax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernow
Lovely looking boats Signum
I wish my mate Mollulnan could see them, he'd have lots to say.
He's prob chewed through his lip by now.
Old 08 February 2006, 18:59   #12

Town: Wyke Regis, Dorset
Boat name: SuRely Knot
Make: Tornado
Engine: 150 Optimax
Very nice Signum. I like the fact that it's possible to use the VHF, tune the Stereo and possibly put the meat and veg in the fridge whils't sitting on the toilet.

Is that a kebab spit base in the middle of the floor? And what about the "Dogs Dinner"? I'm sure you've made a provision for it there somewhere. Very ingenious use of space.
Old 08 February 2006, 19:20   #13

Town: Brittany/Portsmouth
Boat name: Merlin
Make: Solent 6.5
Engine: 200
MMSI: soon !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre
after a day on the water you cannot beat a comfortable bed , good food and a good pint or more
Have to agree with Andre! But camping is tops also

missus
Old 08 February 2006, 21:48   #14

that is base for the table....because the "couch" is Π we may sit up to 12 people...so, you can imagine what eating we may have!!!!
jackeens i agree for the bed in a hotel but for us here is....how can i say it.....since we have nice beaches,nice seas,best islands for coasting and we spend the 9-10 months in work and home.....those 10-15 days with the boat is like going to hawaii for vacations....we want the "comfortability" of sleeping in boat with ofcourse ALL the comforts we can have.....imagine that in my boat i have 2 small motorcycles of 46cc instead of renting a car or bike and also a 2ond 2.70m with 4.4hp as dinghy.........so, personally i love to live in my boat and not just to use it for passing from island to island......
that is why i said earlier that most of Greek manufacturers and users of boats here in Greece are for nautical camping usually and not only for rough passages for coast to coast....and most of our travellings are from 5B and up.....