1. spend another two hours in the hole grinding out all the foam, and removing the bonding paste from the edge of the split and fairing out.
2. cut a template, it makes life so much easier.
3. check that the mat fits before mixing resin.
4. Then lay it up using the same layup as the boat, using 1oz chopped stand over the edges to keep the tails of woven down. (this is a close up shot so you can see the weave of the mat, otherwise you can't see any difference from photo 1.)
5. cut out the foam using the top part of the template made for the mat, shape and then fix with bonding paste. fill and gaps with paste and micro balloons.
When that's all gone off just fair it glass over the top of the whole thing and Bob's your uncle. Easy, money for old rope. anyone want a job?