Old 25 October 2011, 20:38   #1

Town: Cullompton Devon
Boat name: SeaKnight
Make: bayliner Capri 20'
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yam V4 130hp
I need a bit more power swap 20 hp

Hi all
Bit of a long shot but wanted to see if anyone would or might be up for down grading some horses. Basically i have recently brought a Mariner 20hp long shaft, manual start outboard of fleabay, paid good money for it, its from around 1988 i think and it runs well, but it just hasn't got enough to put my boat on the plain so im looking at getting some more horsepower, but cant really afford that much at the moment so if anything im looking to see if some has something with a bit to much power for there requirments and looking for something abit less powerfull, long shot but if intrested please let me know.

cheers Matt
Oh just wanted to mention, the outboard would benefit a service which i am prepared and was going to get carried out from my local outboard center,its going to cost about a hundred but ether way weather i get someone interested or not still a benefit to me
Old 28 October 2011, 10:25   #2

re my outboard

I have took outboard to be serviced, should have it back in two week. 87 plus vat, minus any parts required, so outboard will be in good condition when i get it back, i am looking for somethink around 30/40hp if any one intrested.

cheers Matt
Old 21 November 2011, 22:56   #3

re mariner 20hp

Hi again
my outboard has been serviced, reported back outboard is in good condistion, runs well ,good comprestion, needed a new impella, been tuned and ready to be picked up £130 for the service and part
Old 22 November 2011, 08:30   #4

Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Length: 5m +
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
Is it tiller or remotes?

I got a Suz DT30 1993 (cunningly disguised as a 25!) Longshaft Elec start auto mixing with remotes & cables if you are interested?
Old 22 November 2011, 14:10   #5

Town: Plymouth
May have nice mariner 30 in tomorrow - around 1998. Will know more tomorrow

Peter ~ Boatsandoutboards4sale ~ askboatsandoutboards4sale@sky.com ~ 07930 421007
Old 24 November 2011, 19:21   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9D280 View Post
Is it tiller or remotes?

I got a Suz DT30 1993 (cunningly disguised as a 25!) Longshaft Elec start auto mixing with remotes & cables if you are interested?
both has the bracket for tiller,but no arm,cables are there for tiller. at the mo set up for remotes
Old 24 November 2011, 19:35   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boats&Outboards View Post
May have nice mariner 30 in tomorrow - around 1998. Will know more tomorrow

Peter ~ Boatsandoutboards4sale ~ askboatsandoutboards4sale@sky.com ~ 07930 421007
hi peter, my outboard is at ash marine in topsham exeter, i havnt gone and picked it up yet, carnt afford to ha ha, dont know what ive done by getting this mariner 55hp, thing is his a nice bloke and i think if i had any issues he would look after me and there are more options for other outboard from him if i dont like the 55hp.
are you intrested in my mariner 20hp ?
Old 24 November 2011, 19:52   #8

Town: Plymouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkamelis

hi peter, my outboard is at ash marine in topsham exeter, i havnt gone and picked it up yet, carnt afford to ha ha, dont know what ive done by getting this mariner 55hp, thing is his a nice bloke and i think if i had any issues he would look after me and there are more options for other outboard from him if i dont like the 55hp.
are you intrested in my mariner 20hp ?
Sounds like your suggesting I'm "not a nice bloke" who would "look after you". Only kidding :whistling

May be interested in it, is it long shaft ? With remotes ? Can you email me some pics and a price ?

Cheers

Old 24 November 2011, 21:13   #9

re me outboard

hi peter
you are a good bloke and for sure know your stuff about outboards, just wanted you to know i would have gone to you for a outboard, but at the time you didnt have anything for my budget, i have seen some of the pics of outboard you have been selling and on just looks alone thay looked well out my budget. anyway if this bloke turns out to be a fake and just sells crap, ile get the best i can and at some point ime sure i will be upgrading"thats where you come in"

has for my 20hp mariner it is a long shaft,manual start,set up for remotes,and it has what looks like the remains of a tiller arm" it had probly been knoked of at some point in its life, but at the time of buying it that didnt bother me, i think a arm can be put back on has there is some cables that go to the remains, it also has some type of electric output box thing which i have know idear if it works"i should have got ashmarine to look into it" but apart from that i have used it twice and it runs well and just had a service. oh no remote controls for it has i will need them for this one im getting next week"which dont match up with it has its a mercury control box with barrel nuts, and ile probly need c33 for the mariner 55. the outboard i got off ebay for 460 and had to drive to essex for it and i havnt yet paid ashmarine which will be 125 give or take, so dont know what to ask for it. there is a pic on my picture album
Old 25 November 2011, 08:30   #10

Assuming it's a 2 cylinder, those 55s are bullet proof resprayed Yams, which makes getting spares nice & easy.

The clamp / swivel / leg is vey similar to most Yams between 50 & 90Hp, so assuming it's not already PT the upgrade is a relatively simple bolt - on.

Which flavour of clamp did you get - the inside or outside ram version?
Old 25 November 2011, 19:42   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9D280 View Post
Assuming it's a 2 cylinder, those 55s are bullet proof resprayed Yams, which makes getting spares nice & easy.

The clamp / swivel / leg is vey similar to most Yams between 50 & 90Hp, so assuming it's not already PT the upgrade is a relatively simple bolt - on.

Which flavour of clamp did you get - the inside or outside ram version?
hi 9d280
from what i can remember the rams our on the outsides of the clamp(bracket) it has two small but quite stocky pistons left and right of the main leg. its not a ptt, which would have been nice and it is a two cylinder two stroke.
do you know if you can get a ptt for this one ?

cheers Matt
Old 28 November 2011, 18:47   #12

re 55hp outboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkamelis View Post
hi 9d280
from what i can remember the rams our on the outsides of the clamp(bracket) it has two small but quite stocky pistons left and right of the main leg. its not a ptt, which would have been nice and it is a two cylinder two stroke.

cheers Matt
no longer getting the outboard the waste of time guy got back to me today to tell me theres a issue with the gearbox

Old 30 November 2011, 15:43   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkamelis View Post
hi 9d280

cheers Matt
There are three possible ways to PT that machine, but as you haven't got it, I won't bore you with how!
Old 30 November 2011, 19:08   #14

hi 9d280
cheers, yes sadly the guy let me down, tho i have put a deposit down on a mariner