RIBnet Forums

RIBnet Forums (https://www.rib.net/forum/)
-   Upcoming RIB cruises (https://www.rib.net/forum/f18/)
-   -   Round Isle of Wight 4 Macmillan 2014 (https://www.rib.net/forum/f18/round-isle-of-wight-4-macmillan-2014-a-59240.html)

chris.moody 23 January 2014 00:01

Are you 2 stroke or 4 stroke ?

Ribandmotorhome 23 January 2014 00:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by steco1958 (Post 595548)

You won't be doing it in non stop !!

There will be rest breaks

Yeah but not with fuel pumps! :-)

Ribandmotorhome 23 January 2014 00:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris.moody (Post 595549)
Are you 2 stroke or 4 stroke ?

60hp 2 stroke

chris.moody 23 January 2014 00:18

76 litres should get you round.

Ribandmotorhome 23 January 2014 00:20

I might buy another can too just to be sure.
Rather have to much obviously!

Ribandmotorhome 23 January 2014 00:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris.moody (Post 595559)

My boat was the one with the funny steering on the nacho run. Did you clock me Chris?

chris.moody 23 January 2014 00:22

Why was the steering funny ? Was it telling jokes ?

Ribandmotorhome 23 January 2014 00:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris.moody (Post 595564)
Why was the steering funny ? Was it telling jokes ?

Well it looks daft and wobbles around if the swell is big enough!
But it works great.

steco1958 23 January 2014 00:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ribandmotorhome (Post 595552)
Yeah but not with fuel pumps! :-)

Fuel pump at Yarmouth, so depends on your start point

Ribandmotorhome 23 January 2014 00:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by steco1958 (Post 595571)

Fuel pump at Yarmouth, so depends on your start point

I'm often found at Christchurch. So might come from there if others are going.
Failing that prob go to calshot and meet up with Chris moody.
If he doesn't mind :-)

chris.moody 23 January 2014 00:39

Any ribnetters are always welcome to join me at Calshot. After all, I never know when I might need a tow back to the slipway :)

Ribandmotorhome 23 January 2014 00:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris.moody (Post 595574)
Any ribnetters are always welcome to join me at Calshot. After all, I never know when I might need a tow back to the slipway :)

If you still don't have an engine, you can come with me and we can fill your boat up as a fuel barge! :-)

Andre Barker 23 January 2014 10:24

Round IOW

Quote:

Originally Posted by whisper (Post 583810)
Round Isle of Wight for Macmillan Cancer Support will be on 29th June 2014 weather permitting…

For important notes regarding Rib.net Cruises please read this:

RIBnet Forums - Announcements in Forum : Upcoming RIB cruises

VHF Channel 08

Rendezvous – Outside Wootton Creek IOW at 10:30am to 11am

There will be two groups this year:

Team Scooby 4m – 5m (ish)

Setting off from outside Wootton Creek at 11am, this is a chance for the smaller ribs to have a go in company, we are looking for a few large support ribs to volunteer to go round with them :thumbs: Cruising speed is estimated to be around 20 knots.

Team Shaggy 5m+

Setting off from outside Wootton Creek at 11:30am with a cruising speed of around 30 knots ish. We are looking for the biggest ribs to run at the back just incase someone needs a hand.

Just like the last two years we will be going clockwise with a rolling start, so this is how it works…

Ribs leaving the Poole/Christchurch area will head towards the RV, as soon as they are level with the Needles they have started their circumnavigation, likewise with any rib traveling to the RV from the West (Lymington, Yarmouth, Cowes and Southampton Water). We all meet at the RV time above and Team Scooby gets a head start :thumbs:

We set off at our allotted times rounding No Mans Land Fort where we’ll meet up with the Portsmouth ribs and our friends from the east before heading south where the Ribs from Bembridge will join us.

There are no planned stops but we will need to stop occasionally so that we keep together and get some photos.

Our last RV will be at the Needles where the Poole/Christchurch Ribs will have completed their circumnavigation and everyone gets in one big line ready for a photo that should be worthy of any mantelpiece :thumbs:

I’ve launched a new Justgiving page and it will be down to each skipper to do their own fundraising so thinking of new ideas will give you a head start in this, but there is no pressure on you to give or raise any money if you don’t want to…

Rib. net is fundraising for Macmillan Cancer Support

There will be prizes for the best fancy dress in each of the rib groups if you want to take part and have a little fun ;)

Hi Whisper, How do we register for the round IOW event on the 29th June.

PeterM 23 January 2014 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andre Barker (Post 595617)
Hi Whisper, How do we register for the round IOW event on the 29th June.

Simplest is to just turn up :thumbs: . Depending on where you're coming from I'm sure there wil lbe other boats coming from the same place that it could be worth running with :D

gtb 23 January 2014 11:20

I've dusted off the sign-up sheet from last year.

Feel free to add your name to the Scooby/Shaggy lists in this document, or add any relevant info to other sections. Anybody can edit it, so play nicely.
https://bit.ly/IoW2014
As before, you don't need to be on the list to come on the day, and being on the list doesn't commit you to anything - it's just a way for people to see who's intending to be there without having to trawl through all the posts on this thread!

Chris Caton 23 January 2014 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtb (Post 595627)
I've dusted off the sign-up sheet from last year.

Feel free to add your name to the Scooby/Shaggy lists in this document, or add any relevant info to other sections. Anybody can edit it, so play nicely.
https://bit.ly/IoW2014
As before, you don't need to be on the list to come on the day, and being on the list doesn't commit you to anything - it's just a way for people to see who's intending to be there without having to trawl through all the posts on this thread!

excellent idea :thumbs:

lakelandterrier 23 January 2014 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Caton (Post 595640)
excellent idea :thumbs:

+1:thumbs:

Andre Barker 25 January 2014 05:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterM (Post 595621)
Simplest is to just turn up :thumbs: . Depending on where you're coming from I'm sure there wil lbe other boats coming from the same place that it could be worth running with :D

Thanks Peter, we will be coming from Port Solent so I guess we can join at the fort. See you there !

Low Flyer 28 January 2014 23:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andre Barker (Post 596051)
Thanks Peter, we will be coming from Port Solent so I guess we can join at the fort. See you there !

Hi Andre,we will be heading out of Port Solent so maybe see you on way out.Chris and Caroline.

Ribandmotorhome 28 January 2014 23:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris.moody (Post 595559)

Just put two different tanks in the boat today.
I now have capacity and storage with cans for 90 litres.
That will definitely be enough to get me round with out worrying! :-)