RIBnet Forums

RIBnet Forums (https://www.rib.net/forum/)
-   Upcoming RIB cruises (https://www.rib.net/forum/f18/)
-   -   Round Isle of Wight 4 Macmillan 2014 (https://www.rib.net/forum/f18/round-isle-of-wight-4-macmillan-2014-a-59240.html)

Tim&Linda 19 January 2014 11:32

oooo Chrisy boy , I take the big one this time so I can tow you back , I will have a rope joined to you , just to make sure you know the way :whistling: , To be honest I hope the searider are sorted by then easier to tow:thumbs:

Chris Caton 19 January 2014 11:35

Tim, you'll have to catch me 1st :rofl: anyway, why you towing, I'm launching from Ty Calch, it's not that far, just turn left at Bardsey :dance:

steco1958 19 January 2014 11:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Caton (Post 594674)
Tim, you'll have to catch me 1st :rofl: anyway, why you towing, I'm launching from Ty Calch, it's not that far, just turn left at Bardsey :dance:

Would love to see the fuel bill for that !! :eek:

Tim&Linda 19 January 2014 12:30

chris that's not a bad idea and make a weekend of it, what day you planning to go down

steco1958 19 January 2014 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim&Linda (Post 594685)
chris that's not a bad idea and make a weekend of it, what day you planning to go down

How long would it take to get from Anglesey to IoW ? I think you may need more that a weekend

John Kennett 19 January 2014 14:19

A couple of days would do it. Overnight somewhere like Falmouth :thumbs:

Chris Caton 19 January 2014 16:57

overnighting is for wimps, jus grab a quick coffee n bacon buttie when refuelling :whistling:

Andre 19 January 2014 17:39

Last year i enjoyed the trip with Hightower:thumbs: Hopefully my engine troubles are now over so I will for sure join in with +1 :thumbs:

we will be coming from Southampton

Tim&Linda 19 January 2014 17:45

well I am thinking of making a long weekend out of this:dance:

C2 RIBS 21 January 2014 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Redbond (Post 594279)
It was our idea to run two 8.0 m's on the trip (10 passengers on each) and donate 100% of the fees for all places filled, as well as 'pass a bucket around' on the day. Does anyone have any problem with that ?

I have liaised with Kevin at Portsmouth and we will get some ads out soon to try to sell spaces on coded RIBs. I will post link up when on websites

whisper 21 January 2014 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by C2 RIBS (Post 595173)
I have liaised with Kevin at Portsmouth and we will get some ads out soon to try to sell spaces on coded RIBs. I will post link up when on websites

Nice one :thumbs:

jumpinjack 21 January 2014 12:18

Intend being on the water for this (work permitting of course), should be a great day.
Redbay 6.5 with 2 possibly 3 on board.

allena 21 January 2014 15:19

Below is a Email I am in the process of sending to our suppliers and customers, one of our suppliers Cable management warehouse has already made a donation of £50.00:dance:

Hi

As in previous years, instead of sending Christmas cards we will be donating £300 to charity. This year it will be going to the “Round Isle of Wight 2014 for Macmillan Cancer Support” event, which I will also be taking part in.

On the 29th June 2014 we are going to circumnavigate the Isle of Wight in Rigid Inflatable Boats (Ribs) and our chosen charity helps families who are affected by cancer and provides the support they need.

If you would like to see more information please have a look at the webpage:
https://www.justgiving.com/Rib-net?utm_source=emailvision&utm_medium=email&utm_ca mpaign=FR_page_creation

We wish you a happy and prosperous 2014!


Kind regards
From all at Enterprise Cabling Services Ltd

whisper 21 January 2014 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by allena (Post 595205)
Below is a Email I am in the process of sending to our suppliers and customers, one of our suppliers Cable management warehouse has already made a donation of £50.00:dance:

Hi

As in previous years, instead of sending Christmas cards we will be donating £300 to charity. This year it will be going to the “Round Isle of Wight 2014 for Macmillan Cancer Support” event, which I will also be taking part in.

On the 29th June 2014 we are going to circumnavigate the Isle of Wight in Rigid Inflatable Boats (Ribs) and our chosen charity helps families who are affected by cancer and provides the support they need.

If you would like to see more information please have a look at the webpage:
https://www.justgiving.com/Rib-net?utm_source=emailvision&utm_medium=email&utm_ca mpaign=FR_page_creation

We wish you a happy and prosperous 2014!


Kind regards
From all at Enterprise Cabling Services Ltd

This is just excellent news!!!

Well done allana :thumbs: it's this kind of initiative that makes such a big diifference in the amount we raise. Great to talk earlier :thumbs:

Top bananas for you ))) ))) ))) ))) )))

Ribandmotorhome 22 January 2014 23:17

How many miles is it around ish

chris.moody 22 January 2014 23:32

About 55 nautical miles.

Ribandmotorhome 22 January 2014 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris.moody (Post 595536)
About 55 nautical miles.

Cheers Chris.
I'm just trying to calculate my fuel usage to see if it's feasible for me to join in!

chris.moody 22 January 2014 23:44

Definitely worth taking part. If you cannot carry enough fuel yourself i am sure one of the bigger boats will carry a jerry can for you.

Ribandmotorhome 22 January 2014 23:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris.moody (Post 595538)
Definitely worth taking part. If you cannot carry enough fuel yourself i am sure one of the bigger boats will carry a jerry can for you.

I should be ok. I have 76 litres of fuel capacity in cans and tank
I just have not gone that far non stop before.
So have to be sure. I couldn't handle the piss take if I had to paddle across the line!
:-)

steco1958 23 January 2014 00:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ribandmotorhome (Post 595546)
I should be ok. I have 76 litres of fuel capacity in cans and tank I just have not gone that far non stop before. So have to be sure. I couldn't handle the piss take if I had to paddle across the line! :-)

You won't be doing it in non stop !!

There will be rest breaks


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:38.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.