RIBnet Forums

RIBnet Forums (https://www.rib.net/forum/)
-   Upcoming RIB cruises (https://www.rib.net/forum/f18/)
-   -   Round Anglesey for Macmillan Cancer Support - April 19th 2014 (https://www.rib.net/forum/f18/round-anglesey-for-macmillan-cancer-support-april-19th-2014-a-59103.html)

HUMBER P4VWL 20 November 2013 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim&Linda (Post 583592)
why isnt chris ty calch bringing his bath tub out that day .:thumbs:

He'll be too busy building is dry stack! ;)

26! Shaping up nicely. Will speak to chris/Deano et al re the evening do and get a thread started, as i said, hopefully a hog roast.

Chris Caton - Advance Strait Scout (Avon -SR4 50 Honda)
HP (Humber OP - 6.3m 175 Opti)
SteveHall (Ballistic - 6.5m 175 e-tec)
Tim & Linda (Humber - 9m 2x200 e-tec)
Mike & Ross (Scorpion - 8.1 315 Yanmar)
Maximus (Ribcraft - 7m 250 Suz)
Jeff/Sandy (Cobra - 6m 150 Evinrude)
Whackywoody (Humber - 6m Opti 115)
Steco (? - 5.2m 75)
Nugent (osprey v'max - 6m+ 200)
Clamchowder (Humber Attaque - 5.3 90 2s)
Landlord (Osprey V'max - 7m 250 Yam)
Festinghouse (Tornado - 6m 120 Force)
RMS (Ribquest - 6.3 140 Suz)
Barrowboy (Avon - 5.4 90 Yam)
Vincent vega (Humber Assault - 5m 70 Tohatsu)
Sims (Quicksilver - 4.1m 30hp)
Clamdiver 1 (Scorpion - 7m 200hp opti)
Ribroid (Brig - 5m 90hp Suz)
Rocknrolla (Osprey - 7m 200hp Etec)
Pow2Gran (Menai - 4.8SR with 60hp)
Hadd (Ribcraft - 5m 130 Etec)
IndyR1 (Bombard - 5m yam 60)
Beenne ?
Silverfox (Osprey - 6.5m 150)
Whisper (Osprey - 6.5m 200)
M Whitham (Osprey)

HUMBER P4VWL 20 November 2013 10:44

Could we help Whisper with Macmillan? Any suggestions?
"Whisper's N Wales Macmillan cruise"? (we could get the thread changed) Perhaps donations on attendance given to Chris TyCalch or I?
Profit from a hog roast?
Payment from a skipper to drive each boat like at the Isle of Wight?

Jeff Hutcheon 20 November 2013 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL (Post 583595)
Could we help Whisper with Macmillan? Any suggestions?
"Whisper's N Wales Macmillan cruise"? (we could get the thread changed) Perhaps donations on attendance given to Chris TyCalch or I?
Profit from a hog roast?
Payment from a skipper to drive each boat like at the Isle of Wight?

Sounds like a dam good idea:thumbs:

SteveHall 20 November 2013 12:13

With an event/Rib Net Polo shirt and profit to charity.

HUMBER P4VWL 20 November 2013 12:20

I have a T-shirt from each year of the Anglesey cruise. With Whisper's permission I will get mods to change thread to:

"Round Anglesey/Conwy Castle for Macmillan Cancer Support - April 19th 2014.

T- shirt can just say
Round Anglesey Ribrally for Macmillan Cancer
Easter 2014

I'll then take orders from people for sizes and collect the funds at a price of 10-15 depending on cost per unit until March, order the shirts, then donate all the profit. T shirts delivered to Chris's or Conwy Quay depending on launch site. With 25 boats and 3 per boat, we could raise a good chunk of money. I'm sure Chris TyCalch will happily donate profits of a hog roast if he does.

steco1958 20 November 2013 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL (Post 583611)
I have a T-shirt from each year of the Anglesey cruise. With Whisper's permission I will get mods to change thread to Round Anglesey/Conwy Castle Macmillan cruise - April 19th 2014.

T- shirt can just say
Round Anglesey Ribrally for Macmillan Cancer
Easter 2014

I'll then take orders from people for sizes and collect the funds at a price of 10-15 depending on cost per unit until March, order the shirts, then donate all the profit. T shirts delivered to Chris's or Conwy Quay depending on launch site. With 25 boats and 3 per boat, we could raise a good chunk of money. I'm sure Chris TyCalch will happily donate profits of a hog roast if he does.

1 Medium, 1 Large please.

HUMBER P4VWL 20 November 2013 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by steco1958 (Post 583612)
1 Medium, 1 Large please.

:eek::eek:

Whoa there!!! Let me get the sizes (inches etc) and prices before i start an ordering thread where people PM me and then send money to an empty saving account I have.

Once collated I will donate the profits and add gift aid.

But thanks for the enthusiasm! Hold that thought.

whisper 20 November 2013 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL (Post 583611)
With Whisper's permission

Go for it dude :cool: What a great idea :thumbs:

HUMBER P4VWL 20 November 2013 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by whisper (Post 583616)
Go for it dude :cool: What a great idea :thumbs:

:dance:
Excellent, thanks Whisper. Willk or Polly et al, can you change the thread name please? To:

Round Anglesey/Conwy Castle for Macmillan Cancer support - April 19th 2014

Tim&Linda 20 November 2013 14:16

Me and linda going to auction the boat out for that day , so somebody and his family will be able to take the 9 mtr humber with the two 200 etec around angelsey , wine beer and food and petrol provided , we will take the searider and be next to them, all the money to macmillan:thumbs:

HUMBER P4VWL 20 November 2013 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim&Linda (Post 583627)
Me and linda going to auction the boat out for that day , so somebody and his family will be able to take the 9 mtr humber with the two 200 etec around angelsey , wine beer and food and petrol provided , we will take the searider and be next to them, all the money to macmillan:thumbs:

:eek: OMG, that is outstanding, though could they not just disappear off from the SR!!

Very kind. That should raise some considerable money. How will you auction it? A thread on here?

Tim&Linda 20 November 2013 14:35

just arranged a meeting with a rather large FM company called Integral we going to see if they can sponsor this run , i look after most the museums and art gallerys in the north west at the moment talking to them about it for donations

Tim&Linda 20 November 2013 14:38

dont know yet was just a idea that i thought would be great so suggestion will be good

HUMBER P4VWL 20 November 2013 16:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim&Linda (Post 583629)
just arranged a meeting with a rather large FM company called Integral we going to see if they can sponsor this run , i look after most the museums and art gallerys in the north west at the moment talking to them about it for donations

:thumbs::popcorn:
What would make money is for a tent and hog roast to be sponsored or provided or subsidised. Then we can ask for donations of say 20 per head to attend. I need to speak to chris to see where he is up to re a location and hog....

HUMBER P4VWL 20 November 2013 16:31

Right, been in touch with DARTS in Chester who suppply clothing and embroidery services. They will do us Text printing on Polo shirts for free if we order 25 or more as it is for Charity. :dance: He has given me a max cost per unit, but has said he is likely able to use surplus stock at the time of ordering to get us some or all at a cheaper price, rather than just pure catalogue ordering at the quoted price. This will mean any additional profits I make just add to the amount donated to Macmillan, through Whisper's just giving page with gift aid.:D

The easiest way for me to work it is to start a thread in the for sale section so it can't be posted all over where i will outline my costs, the prices, sizes and how to make pre payment and size orders prior to a date mid March when I will order them.

Chris Caton 20 November 2013 16:38

nice on HP :thumbs:

SteveHall 20 November 2013 17:02

:thumbs: Will get my order in!

HUMBER P4VWL 20 November 2013 17:03

Cheers guys, will set up the thread tomorrow.

jambo 20 November 2013 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL (Post 583646)
Right, been in touch with DARTS in Chester who suppply clothing and embroidery services. They will do us Text printing on Polo shirts for free if we order 25 or more as it is for Charity. :dance: He has given me a max cost per unit, but has said he is likely able to use surplus stock at the time of ordering to get us some or all at a cheaper price, rather than just pure catalogue ordering at the quoted price. This will mean any additional profits I make just add to the amount donated to Macmillan, through Whisper's just giving page with gift aid.:D

The easiest way for me to work it is to start a thread in the for sale section so it can't be posted all over where i will outline my costs, the prices, sizes and how to make pre payment and size orders prior to a date mid March when I will order them.

Hi paul
for those of us 'non' subscribers on here would we be able to buy a t-shirt as a way of making a donation and supporting the event?
Cheers
B:thumbs:

Chris Caton 20 November 2013 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by jambo (Post 583665)
Hi paul
for those of us 'non' subscribers on here would we be able to buy a t-shirt as a way of making a donation and supporting the event?
Cheers
B:thumbs:

of course, but there will be a surcharge :thumbs: