RIBnet Forums

RIBnet Forums (https://www.rib.net/forum/)
-   Upcoming RIB cruises (https://www.rib.net/forum/f18/)
-   -   Round Anglesey for Macmillan Cancer Support - April 19th 2014 (https://www.rib.net/forum/f18/round-anglesey-for-macmillan-cancer-support-april-19th-2014-a-59103.html)

SteveHall 05 January 2015 21:31

I was working from Chris's slip - and a distance of 70 miles each way, and turning it into an overnighter or even a few days based from shell island to explore some new area's.

I have some time off at Easter so weather dependent may try it then.

HUMBER P4VWL 05 January 2015 21:34

You taking the baby?! ;-)

SteveHall 05 January 2015 21:37

Ha ha ha. Nope, although he will be 6 months by then....

Would plan on if the weather is perfect him and his mum driving down and camping, if not just a lads trip.

HUMBER P4VWL 05 January 2015 21:38

I'm thinking with Pwllhelli, accommodation could be hard if bank holiday and difficult to commit to re weather.

Perhaps the old favourite of Conwy and round Anglesey is best for an organised big group.

Then do the others in smaller groups done off the cuff.

pow2gran 05 January 2015 21:55

What about Bardsey via the Tycoch as a stop off. Those who want to can stop at the Tycoch rather than carry onto Bardsey or stop off on return. Could be busy if the weather is good and it being a bank holiday. August bank holiday the queues were out the front door for the bar! So might not be such a good idea.

HUMBER P4VWL 05 January 2015 22:33

Round Anglesey for Macmillan Cancer Support - April 19th 2014

Though it's a nice stop and you can take a tinny/flask and pack lunch.

Plus high tide is early afternoon ish, ideal to go in there on the way or on the way back.

Plus those that want a run up the strait could do it before or after.

Not a bad plan! I've never been to Bardsey. (Could even stop there for lunch, head to bardsey and then carry on to Pwllheli if nice weather! ;-)

Sounds like a plan.

Chris Caton 05 January 2015 22:41

Paul, I won't be joining you this year, but if anyone just wants a run through the Straits to Puffin Island and then back to Pilots Cove I'm happy to join them for a leisurely day out, if not I'll just give the Searider a blast on me own :cool:

pow2gran 05 January 2015 22:58

I don't see why everyone has to do the same thing. It may suit some to do the run that you suggested Chris at a leisurely pace. The social after has been as much about the event as well as sharing experiences. I have really appreciated your advice Chris!

Dan Gurney 05 January 2015 23:17

Booo hisss! We'll be in Ireland that week .:(

Deekus 05 January 2015 23:36

All suggestions sound great so far, and would be keen for some kind of trip, but probably defo confirmation of date would be a good starting point 👍

SteveHall 06 January 2015 08:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL (Post 662081)
Not a bad plan! I've never been to Bardsey. (Could even stop there for lunch, head to bardsey and then carry on to Pwllheli if nice weather! ;-)

Sounds like a plan.

A good plan, with the option of the straits and Conwy as plan b due to weather, or people wanting another trip.

Just need a date so I can book it in.

ian parr 10 January 2015 10:16

Any more plans or ideas yet cos I'm not fussed about were or when. I will go with the flow,oh and still haven't been around the island!! It always goes tits up when I try !!!!

Sent from my iPad using RIB Net

Gilesplumber 28 January 2015 15:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveHall (Post 582040)
Meeeeeee! :)

SteveHall (Beretta - 6.5m 175 e-tec)

are you sure Steve and what about IOW then!!!

SteveHall 28 January 2015 15:48

Finally joined the dark side have we!

I am deffo up for IOW this year, if the boss allows.