RIBnet Forums

RIBnet Forums (https://www.rib.net/forum/)
-   Upcoming RIB cruises (https://www.rib.net/forum/f18/)
-   -   Round Anglesey for Macmillan Cancer Support - April 19th 2014 (https://www.rib.net/forum/f18/round-anglesey-for-macmillan-cancer-support-april-19th-2014-a-59103.html)

whisper 27 April 2014 20:47

More great news :cool:

We have had a 200 donation and 50 gift aid after HUMBER P4VWL helped someone:

"Hi Paul, This is a token of my appreciation of all the hard work you have done in not only sorting out my pension but also in your fundraising efforts for such a good cause".

Well done Paul :thumbs: this really does mean a lot and shows your hard work and dedication through all of this :cool:

You're the dude :thumbs:

))) ))) ))) ))) )))

Chris Caton 27 April 2014 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by whisper (Post 614783)
More great news :cool:

We have had a 200 donation and 50 gift aid after HUMBER P4VWL helped someone:

"Hi Paul, This is a token of my appreciation of all the hard work you have done in not only sorting out my pension but also in your fundraising efforts for such a good cause".

Well done Paul :thumbs: this really does mean a lot and shows your hard work and dedication through all of this :cool:

You're the dude :thumbs:

))) ))) ))) ))) )))

nice one HP :cool:

degandjo 29 April 2014 00:20

Not strictly the cruise, but had to share this!!

Folks

Having joined you all for the full circuit on the Saturday (our first weekend out with new RIB), we were fortunate enough to have the whole weekend based at Caernarfon . Launching at Ty Calch throughout (Chris Seddon you are a star, get well soon)

As if the fantastic day around Anglesey wasn't enough (big thanks to all who pulled it together), we'd had great weather on the Friday (big up to Kawasaki Richard for some extra tuition). Had a look at launching on the Sunday, but gave it a miss on Chris's very sound advice. We launched in the pond like conditions on the Monday when the following happened, between the Caernarfon Bar and Ty Coch

Hope you enjoy A SIGHT TO BEHOLD, North Wales Coast - Easter 2014 - YouTube

The video is cut down from over 30 mins of footage

Hoping it's not once in a RIB lifetime experience!!

Chris Caton 29 April 2014 06:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by degandjo (Post 614986)
Folks

Having joined you all for the full circuit on the Saturday (our first weekend out with new RIB), we were fortunate enough to have the whole weekend based at Caernarfon . Launching at Ty Calch throughout (Chris Seddon you are a star, get well soon)

As if the fantastic day around Anglesey wasn't enough (big thanks to all who pulled it together), we'd had great weather on the Friday (big up to Kawasaki Richard for some extra tuition). Had a look at launching on the Sunday, but gave it a miss on Chris's very sound advice. We launched in the pond like conditions on the Monday when the following happened, between the Caernarfon Bar and Ty Coch

brilliant vid, well done, we've seen them a couple of times between Trefor and Caernarfon Bar but never as close as that :thumbs:

nice to see the 2 new Ribquests together, hopefully we'll catch up at a Ty Calch again :cool:

Dan Gurney 29 April 2014 06:10

Quote:

Folks

Fantastic! Super jealous. :thumbs:

HUMBER P4VWL 29 April 2014 06:22

Round Anglesey for Macmillan Cancer Support - April 19th 2014

Wow, what a week end for you guys, ty Coch pub in the sun, round Anglesey with 36 ribs in the sun and then that, with two new very nice ribs. You're not going to forget that in a hurry!!!

Donations for Round Anglesey Macmillan 2014 https://www.justgiving.com/Rib-net/?..._page_creation

kerny 29 April 2014 07:18

Awesome footage dude :cool:

Barrowboy 29 April 2014 07:35

A fantastic experience and brilliantly captured :thumbs:

M.Thornton 29 April 2014 08:06

Superb Vid,bet you were on a high for days after that encounter

degandjo 29 April 2014 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by M.Thornton (Post 615022)
Superb Vid,bet you were on a high for days after that encounter

'Still buzzing' :D absolutely unbelievable.....thanks for comments

tony t 29 April 2014 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by degandjo (Post 615025)

Nice vid Mr d, great Rib choice to mate

Sent from my iPhone using RIB Net

Festinghouse 29 April 2014 17:26

truly excellent sight, we have seen dolphins many times in holyhead bay, though only once that close, and never for so long. head to the skerries and you will get seals being nosy and having a close up look at your boat. think most people would agree that getting close to the wildlife is a big part of the enjoyment of being out at sea.

whackywoody 29 April 2014 17:49

Quote:

Folks

Superb video! I was thinking halfway through the footage get the camera under water and you even managed that - well done! :thumbs:

Hope I get chance to spot a dolphin one day if I am ever going slowly enough :facepalm:

Chris Caton 29 April 2014 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by whackywoody (Post 615132)
Superb video! I was thinking halfway through the footage get the camera under water and you even managed that - well done! :thumbs:

Hope I get chance to spot a dolphin one day if I am ever going slowly enough :facepalm:

you can make a start on just spotting other ribs for now Gareth :rofl:

kawasaki 29 April 2014 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by degandjo (Post 615025)

Mate
That is a Dogs Dangly Bits Vid
:D

Jeff Hutcheon 29 April 2014 18:22

OMG that's fantastic you lucky buggers, nowt there good Friday on our way to the pub! !

Andy Caton 29 April 2014 18:26

2 Attachment(s)
sorry for the delay everyone but here is a couple of pictures from Easter!

jambo 29 April 2014 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy Caton (Post 615147)
sorry for the delay everyone but here is a couple of pictures from Easter!

Better watch or the 'old man' will get on to you!!

degandjo 29 April 2014 19:12

[QUOTE=whackywoody;615132]Superb video! I was thinking halfway through the footage get the camera under water and you even managed that - well done! :thumbs: ]

The reality was that we were so excited, it was 20 minutes in before we remembered the camera was waterproof!!!:lol:

Chris Caton 29 April 2014 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by jambo (Post 615157)
Better watch or the 'old man' will get on to you!!

oi Billy, less of the old man stuff, don't forget I know "things" now :whistling: