RIBnet Forums

RIBnet Forums (https://www.rib.net/forum/)
-   Upcoming RIB cruises (https://www.rib.net/forum/f18/)
-   -   Round Anglesey for Macmillan Cancer Support - April 19th 2014 (https://www.rib.net/forum/f18/round-anglesey-for-macmillan-cancer-support-april-19th-2014-a-59103.html)

HUMBER P4VWL 15 November 2013 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyR1 (Post 582729)
Hope to be there again for a great crack and hopefully some good boating too. Been down about 10 miles past Caernarfon but you need the tide and stay In the channel. Popped in the pub for a quick drink too on the front, had to be done.

Excellent Indy, glad you're coming.

I assume you mean Conwy?! I believe you can go 8 miles up to the bridge, unless you have VERY shallow draught. The quay is great at high tide. Tie up to the wall and have a pint and chips.

tony t 15 November 2013 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL (Post 582733)
Excellent Indy, glad you're coming. I assume you mean Conwy?! I believe you can go 8 miles up to the bridge, unless you have VERY shallow draught. The quay is great at high tide. Tie up to the wall and have a pint and chips.

Don't you get fed up of cruising around the same place HP ?
You should try somewhere different now and again mate :D

Festinghouse 15 November 2013 21:55

yeah but doesnt he visit ALL the pubs? surely thats a bit of variety

HUMBER P4VWL 16 November 2013 07:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Festinghouse (Post 582748)
yeah but doesnt he visit ALL the pubs? surely thats a bit of variety

Well said.
.... Once I've done ALL the pubs around Anglesey by boat, I'll move on to territories new! I reckon I've only done about 1/3.

IndyR1 16 November 2013 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL (Post 582733)
Excellent Indy, glad you're coming. I assume you mean Conwy?! I believe you can go 8 miles up to the bridge, unless you have VERY shallow draught. The quay is great at high tide. Tie up to the wall and have a pint and chips.

Yes, Conwy, must be getting over excited already. Sure GPS said it was further than that but might be wrong.
Can't imagine the view if there were 2 dozen plus ribs going for a quick potter down a couple of miles and mooring up outside the pub!

Chris Caton 16 November 2013 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyR1 (Post 582783)
Yes, Conwy, must be getting over excited already. Sure GPS said it was further than that but might be wrong.
Can't imagine the view if there were 2 dozen plus ribs going for a quick potter down a couple of miles and mooring up outside the pub!

if your talking about the pub next to the iron bridge over the river at Tal-Y-Cafn I've got some bad news for you, it's shut :( but there are plenty of nice pubs in Conwy n gud fish n chips too :thumbs:

Barrowboy 16 November 2013 15:25

Accommodation and RIB storage booked at Helen's place, next door to Ty Calch, Fri-Sun. I've never been this organised and planned anything this far in advance for years! :D

Chris Caton 16 November 2013 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrowboy (Post 582813)
Accommodation and RIB storage booked at Helen's place, next door to Ty Calch, Fri-Sun. I've never been this organised and planned anything this far in advance for years! :D

sounds good, all you need now is steering :whistling:

nugent 16 November 2013 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Caton (Post 582828)

And a black A frame

Lol and i just landed a. Another. Steering kt,,, Friends in good places

hadd 16 November 2013 21:42

I was going to head up to Loch Lomond with the Black shadows but 3 days up there is not long enough :(... so you can put "Mr Jingles" down for the Anglesey cruise again HP Fri-Sat-Sun accommodation booked;)looks like it'll be a good turn out again, hopefully the weathers better than the last years cruise :thumbs:

Barrowboy 16 November 2013 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Caton (Post 582828)

[QUOTE=nugent;582832]And a black A frame

....and carburetters cleaning, oil changing, engine and gearbox re-assembling, hull repairs filling, sanding, polishing, spraypainting, waxing, console rewiring, radio refitting, a-frame rewiring, hydraulic steering fitting, nav lights fitting, upholstery recovering, transom plate varnishing, trailer brakes re-instating etc, etc.

Enough to keep me busy for a week, or so!:)

Chris Caton 16 November 2013 22:38

good job you've hot nowt big to be getting on wiv eh :whistling:

Barrowboy 16 November 2013 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Caton (Post 582907)
good job you've hot nowt big to be getting on wiv eh :whistling:

Naaah, toobs are fine :rofl:

Chris Caton 16 November 2013 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrowboy (Post 582909)
Naaah, toobs are fine :rofl:

best be giving them a good polish then :thumbs:

HUMBER P4VWL 17 November 2013 08:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by hadd (Post 582889)
I was going to head up to Loch Lomond with the Black shadows but 3 days up there is not long enough :(... so you can put "Mr Jingles" down for the Anglesey cruise again HP Fri-Sat-Sun accommodation booked;)looks like it'll be a good turn out again, hopefully the weathers better than the last years cruise :thumbs:

Good work! Best to avoid that midge infested land when you can. ;)

Glad you're coming along, looks like a big turnout again from all over the country!! Incredible really how many people come from so far afield. :)

tony t 17 November 2013 12:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL (Post 582940)
Good work! Best to avoid that midge infested land when you can. ;) Glad you're coming along, looks like a big turnout again from all over the country!! Incredible really how many people come from so far afield. :)

Yea that's why we're going the other way :D

jambo 17 November 2013 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony t (Post 582970)

Well said my man!! Border is always open:-)

Sent from my iPhone using Rib.net

RMS 17 November 2013 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony t (Post 582970)

That sounds like a subtle announcement of something.... Does the Missus know?

Beenee 17 November 2013 15:03

Hopefully us !!

Looks great. We've launched from Chris's before. Do you all tend to stay at same campsite? If so which one?

bradosh 17 November 2013 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL (Post 582038)
2014 Annual Anglesey run is on again. April 19th. :dance: Three castles, two bridges, Snowdon, numerous Islands and Lighthouses including South Stack, Two piers, great compay and some of Wales's finest scenery all in one day! Then the annual evening bash as always. Can we get over 30 boats this year? :thumbs: To launch, Chris Seddon (Chris Ty Calch on here) in Caernarfon can host a lot of you with Tractor launch at all states of tide, with trailer storage. His number is 07917 859345 Ty Calch, Llanfaglan, Caernarfon LL545RA :speedboat: 10.30 am set off from Caernarfon (Chris Ty Calch's slip) High Water is 11.10 here. Head up the Menai Strait (picking up me at Beaumaris Pier :D)to Conwy Castle (30 miles) where we can go up the river a little past the castle,then all tie up for a natter/beer/coffee and some chips on the front. :cheers: High Water here is 12.10 :bolt:Then we can head back round Anglesey to Caernarfon (60 miles) with the falling tide. If the weather is bad on the exposed Northerly side, or smaller boats want a slightly shorter distance home, they can head back through the Menai Strait. If we need shelter for re-fuelling etc we can drop in at Caernarfon, but no petrol is available. For info, most boats use circa 1-1.5L of fuel per mile, so carry enough! Chris is looking in to an evening do again, I'm hoping a hog roast and pics from the day again like 2012, thread to come! So who is in?.........

. Great idea. Ribtickler will be there