RIBnet Forums

RIBnet Forums (https://www.rib.net/forum/)
-   Upcoming RIB cruises (https://www.rib.net/forum/f18/)
-   -   Round Anglesey for Macmillan Cancer Support - April 19th 2014 (https://www.rib.net/forum/f18/round-anglesey-for-macmillan-cancer-support-april-19th-2014-a-59103.html)

HUMBER P4VWL 13 November 2013 12:45

To be fair, re waiting, we normally end up cruising in groups of similar sizes, but when weather turns nasty a 7m just can't cruise with a 4m, he'd be at displacement speed and use all his fuel.

People should be self sufficient, that is the rule, fog can split eveyone up for example.

However the safest way is to buddy up with a similar boat!!

Dan Gurney 13 November 2013 12:53

I wasn't complaining! Just concurring with m'colleague. Totally agree about self sufficiency, which is why we turned back last year. I took the decision that we weren't enjoying it, couldn't keep up, I wasn't confident going round on my own. This year we have a few hundred nautical under our belts so it's a diff kettle of ball games. (though I may still wuss out if I'm not enjoying myself). :whistling:

nugent 13 November 2013 12:54

Guess I can adapt sumat to carry anther 90 ltr s deck so I can run as. Fast as I wish or conditions allow


Realistically what would people red with 200 hp,lump Did Moerfer n back to,port dinorwic on approx 60 ltrs this year and was not exactly hanging around

HUMBER P4VWL 13 November 2013 13:01

Most use 1-1.5l per mile. More for bigger boat/engine and 2s vs 4s.

Tim&Linda 13 November 2013 13:17

i can get a hog roast and a pig sorted if need be :thumbs:

HUMBER P4VWL 13 November 2013 13:39

Can you contact Chris Tim! Good work.

wiLlfish 13 November 2013 14:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim&Linda (Post 582311)
i can get a hog roast and a pig sorted if need be :thumbs:

gud finkin yew nobbur

ifn yor gonner av a hogg rowst yool nead a pigg.

tony t 13 November 2013 14:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim&Linda (Post 582311)
i can get a hog roast and a pig sorted if need be :thumbs:

English pig mind, none of that SA wild boar crap now :D

jambo 13 November 2013 14:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiLlfish (Post 582321)
gud finkin yew nobbur

ifn yor gonner av a hogg rowst yool nead a pigg.


Aw Fish I think you do him down man!:whistling: The MAN is bringing two to da feast a hog and a cow piggy obviuosly:D:facepalm::rofl:

Clamdiver1 13 November 2013 16:02

You can add Topcat & crew again. Hope it's as good as last year great organisation. Looking forward to seeing u all again. Gordon

Chris Caton 13 November 2013 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiLlfish (Post 582321)
gud finkin yew nobbur

ifn yor gonner av a hogg rowst yool nead a pigg.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jambo (Post 582323)
Aw Fish I think you do him down man!:whistling: The MAN is bringing two to da feast a hog and a cow piggy obviuosly:D:facepalm::rofl:

stop it the pair of yeh, you is making an ol man cry :rofl::rofl:

jambo 13 November 2013 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Caton (Post 582340)
stop it the pair of yeh, you is making an ol man cry :rofl::rofl:

Well Chris you know you can't beat an ole 'porker':whistling:

ps you'll have gathered that its peeing down up here so idle minds and hands are a dangerous pairing!!

Festinghouse 13 November 2013 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony t (Post 582322)
English pig mind, none of that SA wild boar crap now :D

by the 'eck, the BS gang chairman has made an appearance, have you put your name down yet tony, or are you having too much fun camping with the boys?

Tim&Linda 13 November 2013 17:37

:dance:Tony great of you mentioning it I think a wild boar is just going to be the thing marinated for a few days in castle lager and I will get some boerewors in body of yours . I will get all your pensioners so drunk that night:thumbs:

Tim&Linda 13 November 2013 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Caton (Post 582340)
stop it the pair of yeh, you is making an ol man cry :rofl::rofl:

Is that crying of laughing to much Cc

Tim&Linda 13 November 2013 17:42

I phone did not see the last bit there cc:bang:

Chris Caton 13 November 2013 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by jambo (Post 582342)
Well Chris you know you can't beat an ole 'porker':whistling:

ps you'll have gathered that its peeing down up here so idle minds and hands are a dangerous pairing!!

i would av thought you wuz well used to a bit of dampness by now Billy :whistling:

jambo 13 November 2013 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Caton (Post 582370)
i would av thought you wuz well used to a bit of dampness by now Billy :whistling:


Well we've been spoiled this year it's been a good bit drier. Your luck sheltered from the prevailing wet by Ireland where as we get it right on the nose from the Atlantic.

Sent from my iPhone using Rib.net

Chris Caton 13 November 2013 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by jambo (Post 582376)
Well we've been spoiled this year it's been a good bit drier. Your luck sheltered from the prevailing wet by Ireland where as we get it right on the nose from the Atlantic.

Sent from my iPhone using Rib.net

not to worry, the damp will soon be gone, ice on it's way soon :cool:

jambo 13 November 2013 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Caton (Post 582380)
not to worry, the damp will soon be gone, ice on it's way soon :cool:


Jesus you really are the Good news fairy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Rib.net


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:25.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.