RIBnet Forums

RIBnet Forums (https://www.rib.net/forum/)
-   Upcoming RIB cruises (https://www.rib.net/forum/f18/)
-   -   Round Anglesey cruise - Saturday 27 April 2013 (https://www.rib.net/forum/f18/round-anglesey-cruise-saturday-27-april-2013-a-52316.html)

HUMBER P4VWL 11 December 2012 21:43

Once again, yawn, will attempt to go around Anglesey at the start of the season.

High tide Menai is around 1pm BST. Its a big 9.74m < Edit: it's 7.8 actually > so it'll be fun and its best to run with it clockwise. I will head through the bridges at just before 1/2 Water, 9.30 am. Will pass Caernarfon Ty Coch where all the dry suit brigade launch at Chris's slip with his tractor (10 ish) and then head round for picnic lunch in Holyhead marina hopefully. Onwards then right round for a charge up the Strait for a beer or two at the Gazelle.

This year I'm going at my own pace, I've swept for two/three years now shepherding smaller craft home in inclement weather (it'll be flat calm now). So whilst we do all help each other by nature, everyone really must buddy up with similar craft and make your own judgement whether to continue or turn around if weather is poor.

Hope to see a lot of you out again as it's awesome seeing 20-30 boats all charging around the island, like last year.

Again, this is just a get together, you are all responsible for your own crew and boat's safety and must observe all the local rules and regs.

A few others may organise an evening bash at the campsite in Caernarfon that night on another thread. Last year with a Hog roast and projected photos of the day scrolling through really did top it off. Be great to see you all again, as most of you regularly point out, I don't get out much now I'm a dad twice over!

Tick tock, no too long.

Chris Caton 11 December 2012 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL (Post 504767)
Once again, yawn, will attempt round Anglesey at start of season.

High tide Menai is around 1pm. Its a big 9.74m so it'll be fun and its beat to go with it clockwise. So will head through bridges at just before 1/2 twater. 9.30 am. Will

all being well, count us in, can't wait:cool:

Festinghouse 11 December 2012 23:04

hoping to be there with a rebuilt engine...fingers crossed! last year turned into a bit of a video editing competition. i thought i was doing well until black shadow productions made an appearance!

pow2gran 11 December 2012 23:11

Looking forward to it already - hopefully we will get better weather.

kerny 11 December 2012 23:49

I will be giving this one a miss due to the Scotland trip in May.

HUMBER P4VWL 12 December 2012 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by kerny

Isn't that a whole month later?!

kerny 12 December 2012 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL (Post 504834)
Isn't that a whole month later?!

Yes but what I say I do I do :whistling:

Lets see if you do the same ;)

HUMBER P4VWL 12 December 2012 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by kerny

Yes but what I say I do I do :whistling:

Lets see if you do the same ;)

I've made the last three annual Anglesey trips. Not a bad record.

Enjoy Scotland, sure you could do both. Can't public sector peeps just take a "Duvet day"? ;)

PeterM 12 December 2012 12:12

I'm going to be super cheeky ....as the 27th is my actual Birthday is there any chance of blagging a seat on the way round with someone please ? :whistling:

Or of course I convince Whisper to tow his Ribcraft up ( I can tow it ! :thumbs:) - I know he'd love it !

whisper 12 December 2012 12:17

Haha! I was going to offer a swap, a seat on this cruise or round IOM for a seat on my boat for round Isle of Wight.

tony t 12 December 2012 12:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterM (Post 504857)
I'm going to be super cheeky ....as the 27th is my actual Birthday is there any chance of blagging a seat on the way round with someone please ? :whistling:

Or of course I convince Whisper to tow his Ribcraft up ( I can tow it ! :thumbs:) - I know he'd love it !

No problem hop aboard with the BS gang we will find you a seat or 2 :thumbs:

PeterM 12 December 2012 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony t (Post 504859)
No problem hop aboard with the BS gang we will find you a seat or 2 :thumbs:

Fantastic - thankyou ...I'll continue to work on Whisper too ....go on:thumbs: ..my car will tow Madness easily !

I've towed Glider trailer to Denbigh...its just up the road ..

neil.mccrirrick 12 December 2012 12:44

Count us in, I'm only surprised its got this late in the year before you announced it Paul :lol:

HUMBER P4VWL 12 December 2012 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by neil.mccrirrick
Count us in, I'm only surprised its got this late in the year before you announced it Paul :lol:

Lack of spare time Neil :(

Good lad Neil, still not seen Nemanda in the flesh. You happy with the Ally hull?

Glad to see TT running his tour business again. Little do they know he makes them sign a disclaimer and contract of payment once they are 250metres offshore! ;) either that or he sinks his RIB and swims ashore in his Black Shadow!

Chris Caton 12 December 2012 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by kerny (Post 504808)

if you want a day out we may be ale to find you a seat or two :thumbs:

kerny 12 December 2012 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Caton (Post 504869)
if you want a day out we may be ale to find you a seat or two :thumbs:

Thanks for offer Chris, but got 3 family weddings to attend in the New Year the first one being on the 19th April.

HUMBER P4VWL 12 December 2012 16:25

2 Attachment(s)
A taster of last year

Attachment 74829

Attachment 74830

Chris Caton 12 December 2012 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by kerny (Post 504874)
Thanks for offer Chris, but got 3 family weddings to attend in the New Year the first one being on the 19th April.

no probs Kerny, enjoy the weddings :D

Chris Caton 12 December 2012 17:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL (Post 504880)
A taster of last year

Attachment 74829

Attachment 74830

winegums on order :thumbs:

hadd 12 December 2012 17:58

Not sure about this trip i'll know a bit closer to the date if i can make it :thumbs: