RIBnet Forums

RIBnet Forums (https://www.rib.net/forum/)
-   About RIBnet | Site Help & Announcements (https://www.rib.net/forum/f31/)
-   -   Forum Update on Monday - Q & A (https://www.rib.net/forum/f31/forum-update-on-monday-q-and-a-41946.html)

Trevor G 14 June 2011 01:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by jambo (Post 405950)
John I am a simpleton as far as computers are concerned, but why is it my fault when the site worked perfectly with me before, and its not just me. I am running IE 9 with MacAfee and the usual microsoft security if that helps you answer my problem.
Cheers
J

I'm running the same system (IE 9 and McAfee) and get exactly the same problem - logs me out after about 30 minutes and always if I close and re-open the browser. I've tried the suggested fixes such as clearing the cookies and of course clicking "remember me" but the problem remains. Other sites still remember me - just not RIBnet.
I've just tried switching to Google Chrome and there's no problem now - I left the McAfee settings the same so it definitely seems to be something in Explorer.
Trev

Erin 17 June 2011 07:41

I'm also getting this logging out problem and I'm on Mozilla Firefox latest version and Norton Int Sec. I have changed absolutely nothing on my PC since before going away on holiday and now it too is logging me out automatically.

Channel Ribs 17 June 2011 07:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin (Post 406565)
I'm also getting this logging out problem and I'm on Mozilla Firefox latest version and Norton Int Sec. I have changed absolutely nothing on my PC since before going away on holiday and now it too is logging me out automatically.

The moral of the story is never to let Willk house sit. :eek:

Welcome back, by the way. :D

willk 17 June 2011 07:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Channel Ribs (Post 406568)
The moral of the story is never to let Willk house sit. :eek:

NOTHING to do with me mate!

I left EVERYTHING back EXACTLY the way it was... :angel:

Andy R 17 June 2011 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin (Post 406565)
... and now it too is logging me out automatically.

I am 100% certain this is a cookie issue. On Tuesday I changed a setting to address Brian's issues logging in (link) and this is likely the cause. I even had some issues logging in after this change and had to delete my cookies.

If you are using Firefox, please try these instructions to delete cookies from one site.

Here is some other info on deleting cookies:
How to delete cookies

Once a new cookie is set, the issue should be resolved.

Erin 17 June 2011 08:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by willk (Post 406569)
I left EVERYTHING back EXACTLY the way it was... :angel:

Almost..... except that SWMBO noticed some of her red lippy had been used and there are some strange marks on the living room wall. Kinda like some photos or something had been taped up :confused:. And still no saucepans in the cupboard!

willk 17 June 2011 08:54

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin (Post 406574)
Almost..... except that SWMBO noticed some of her red lippy had been used and there are some strange marks on the living room wall. Kinda like some photos or something had been taped up :confused:.

Ah yeah, sry. Jumbo marker ran out.. :facepalm:

Andy R 17 June 2011 09:27

Special thanks to benc for sending us some code to force cookies to expire and thus clean the slate allowing you to login and stay logged in. If you have problems staying logged in, please use this link and then try again making sure to check the "Remember Me" box:
https://www.rib.net/expire_cookies.php

Erin 17 June 2011 12:50

Thanks benc. Did the trick for me :thumbs:

benc 17 June 2011 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin (Post 406637)
Thanks benc. Did the trick for me :thumbs:

:thumbs:

9D280 11 July 2011 04:16

Quick followup - I had another connect on dialup last night - vastly improved download speeds, so whatever you've done since my previous attempt, it seems to have worked. :thumbs:

(and before you all chip in with network speed comments I think that must be the only dialup connection left in the town - it runs at a constant 38K/s, regardless of time of day, and it sneaked a windows update in as well).

Oldun 22 August 2011 06:02

I agree with Janet. I am very new to both computers and ribs and confess I am trying how to place my first request for help. Oldun

Poly 22 August 2011 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldun (Post 416745)
I agree with Janet. I am very new to both computers and ribs and confess I am trying how to place my first request for help. Oldun

? well you managed to post this - but we are not psychic so might need more details to help :thumbs:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.