RIBnet Forums

RIBnet Forums (https://www.rib.net/forum/)
-   About RIBnet | Site Help & Announcements (https://www.rib.net/forum/f31/)
-   -   Forum Update on Monday - Q & A (https://www.rib.net/forum/f31/forum-update-on-monday-q-and-a-41946.html)

gotchiguy 07 June 2011 16:00

Don't mean to go on and on but is it intentional that everyone can now have an avatar? Makes the Supporter sub seem a little steep.....

John Kennett 07 June 2011 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotchiguy (Post 404802)
Don't mean to go on and on

Oh yes you do!

Quote:

but is it intentional that everyone can now have an avatar?
I believe that this is intentional, yes. There will undoubtedly be a number of other exciting changes coming up over the next few weeks as well.

Quote:

Makes the Supporter sub seem a little steep.....
I always said that the supporter sub wasn't a payment for having an avatar :D

Janet H 07 June 2011 16:57

Quote:

Don't mean to go on and on but is it intentional that everyone can now have an avatar? Makes the Supporter sub seem a little steep.....

Maybe, but avatars add color and fun. regular members can have small avatars 80 x 80 pixels. Supporters can have larger ones - 120 x 120.

willk 07 June 2011 17:23

Quote:

Don't mean to go on and on but is it intentional that everyone can now have an avatar?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet H (Post 404814)
If this becomes an issue we could always enable sig images for supporters and allow them to have one wide, but narrow image.

Oh I wouldn't get too concerned about his avatar size compared with those of the rest of us plebs. Just stick "HO" in front of his and he'll think it's bigger.

gotchiguy 07 June 2011 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by willk (Post 404825)
Oh I wouldn't get too concerned about his avatar size compared with those of the rest of us plebs. Just stick "HO" in front of his and he'll think it's bigger.

Just found one on the net that fits the bill. Can I have a gif one if I promise it isn't stupidly garish/attention seeking:willk::willk:

willk 07 June 2011 17:36

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gotchiguy (Post 404827)
...fits the bill

:facepalm:

Duck!

Nos4r2 07 June 2011 17:44

Oh god, no. Please, no flashing/spangly stuff. It's not the Disney channel.

gotchiguy 07 June 2011 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nos4r2 (Post 404838)
Oh god, no. Please, no flashing/spangly stuff. It's not the Disney channel.

Hence:
Quote:

Originally Posted by gotchiguy (Post 404827)
promise it isn't stupidly garish/attention seeking

I was thinking more along the lines of a rotating picture (with a fairly slow change time eg 5-10secs) rather than anything silly. Although the emoticons have all suddenly gone 2d-3d, surely jpeg to gif is the same type of move?:willk:

9D280 08 June 2011 04:30

One potentially silly question: when you have minimised all the extraneous toot that gets in the way of the discussions, is (for example) the scrolling pic thing still scrolling away in the background?

I ask becasue I have noticed a small but still perceptible slowing of the site with all the new whistles & bells, which I have a strong suspicion that when I go to the back end of beyond and log in via dial-up :eek:..... :yawn: .....:zz:

I repeat my request for a "lite" version. Both for stealth:whistle: & speed!

jwalker 08 June 2011 04:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9D280 (Post 404894)
...I repeat my request for a "lite" version. Both for stealth:whistle: & speed!

I'm with you on that, simplicity is the essence of good design. Anyway, we're rufty-tufty ribbers and down to earth sensible types by nature...erm..aren't we?

kitten 08 June 2011 05:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet H (Post 404695)
I'm sorry you're having trouble. Try logging out and deleting your browsing history and cookies. Then log in again and check the remember me box.

For the dumd, that means I will have to redo all the names and pass words on every thing that is cookied (never understood that) just so that I can stay logged on to this site because you have changed it. Or can I just delete the rib net cookie?

John Kennett 08 June 2011 05:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitten (Post 404905)
For the dumd, that means I will have to redo all the names and pass words on every thing that is cookied (never understood that) just so that I can stay logged on to this site because you have changed it. Or can I just delete the rib net cookie?

You can just delete the RIBnet cookies manually, but this link should do the trick instead:

https://www.rib.net/forum/login.php?do=logout

Let me know how it goes.

kitten 08 June 2011 08:02

Thank you Mr K worked fine.
must admit whilst logged out and looking at the sight as a guest I do object to having all those adverts in my post as it looks like they are things I recommend. I fully see the reason for advertising on the site but feel that in the body of a post is a very deceptive form.

John Kennett 08 June 2011 08:16

Urk. I'll have a look.

C2 RIBS 08 June 2011 08:50

I phone app

Hi John sorry I cannot now access private messages on I phone app yet I can do everything else.
it states" you do not have access to private messaging"

John Kennett 08 June 2011 09:07

Can you still access them normally on your PC?

Poly 08 June 2011 09:12

John - I get a "Permission Denied" trying to do the same in Android App. Works fine on the PC.

ashbypower 08 June 2011 09:14

It's great to see that the BETA testing before going "Live" was a success Smiles should be here but wont work either !!! lol

C2 RIBS 08 June 2011 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Kennett (Post 404941)
Can you still access them normally on your PC?

yES All Ok on PC

Janet H 08 June 2011 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashbypower (Post 404943)
It's great to see that the BETA testing before going "Live" was a success Smiles should be here but wont work either !!! lol

Smilies aren't working on mobile devices? You need to use the short cut text on a mobile.