Go Back   RIBnet Forums > Buy and sell > RIBs wanted
Click Here to Login

Old 08 September 2012, 15:40   #1

Town: San Diego
Make: TBD
Length: 7m +
Engine: 130 Evinrude E-tech
Wanted: 7M - 8 M RIB/hull to buy (most likely a "project" boat)

I am ready to move up to a sturdy, sea-capable outboard-powered RIB in this size range. I'm shopping for a good second-hand RIB for ocean-going family fun. I am finding that most boats of the configuration, age, and condition I would want are a bit over my budget limit. I have new-boat desires, but am limited to a older-boat budget. Since I am fairly skilled in boat rigging matters, and I have refinished boats in the past, I want to see if anyone has, or knows of, an older, non-necessarily-running, pedigree RIB laying around not being used. I can turn that potential asset into cash - and I don't mind if it needs a lot of work. My minimum requirement is a respectable name brand deep-V hull (stepped would be even nicer). I would plan on probably adding: new engine, new electrics/electronics, new upholstery; possibly new tubes and/or trailer, etc., depending on what is needed. If the boat has an old, or >150 HP, engine, I would prefer to NOT buy that since I am NOT interested in >40 knots speed or racing capability. If you can sell that type of engine independently or move it to another boat, that would be ideal for me.

I am open to consider any solid hulls in the 7 - 8 meter size range - in any condition from run-down to ready-to-go. I prefer RIBs with nice tube sheer lines, rising or tapered towards the bow; so obvious good candidate brands include: Scorpion, Ring, Revenger, Tornado, Rib-X, Redbay, Ribtec, Cobra, Osprey, etc., but I am open to any others that are of good original quality.

Maybe I can help convert someone's no-longer-used RIB into cash. Or maybe someone has a nice RIB and is thinking about buying a new RIB at the boat show and have not yet gotten around to listing it for sale yet. I welcome all proposals. Please reply e-mail me with particulars, photos, and price goals.

Time is of the essence. I actually live in San Diego, California (in that big boating country that unfortunately has not really discovered the benefits of big RIBs yet!) I am planning on traveling to the UK south coast in the next couple of weeks to search out and buy a RIB to container-ship back to the States - for some good, winter, boat-working fun!

Cheers!
Old 08 September 2012, 16:15   #2

Town: Bromsgrove
Boat name: Kick-Ass !
Make: PAC/Artic 22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 250hp Yamaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Collins
I am ready to move up to a sturdy, sea-capable outboard-powered RIB in this size range. I'm shopping for a good second-hand RIB for ocean-going family fun. I am finding that most boats of the configuration, age, and condition I would want are a bit over my budget limit. I have new-boat desires, but am limited to a older-boat budget. Since I am fairly skilled in boat rigging matters, and I have refinished boats in the past, I want to see if anyone has, or knows of, an older, non-necessarily-running, pedigree RIB laying around not being used. I can turn that potential asset into cash - and I don't mind if it needs a lot of work. My minimum requirement is a respectable name brand deep-V hull (stepped would be even nicer). I would plan on probably adding: new engine, new electrics/electronics, new upholstery; possibly new tubes and/or trailer, etc., depending on what is needed. If the boat has an old, or >150 HP, engine, I would prefer to NOT buy that since I am NOT interested in >40 knots speed or racing capability. If you can sell that type of engine independently or move it to another boat, that would be ideal for me.

I am open to consider any solid hulls in the 7 - 8 meter size range - in any condition from run-down to ready-to-go. I prefer RIBs with nice tube sheer lines, rising or tapered towards the bow; so obvious good candidate brands include: Scorpion, Ring, Revenger, Tornado, Rib-X, Redbay, Ribtec, Cobra, Osprey, etc., but I am open to any others that are of good original quality.

Maybe I can help convert someone's no-longer-used RIB into cash. Or maybe someone has a nice RIB and is thinking about buying a new RIB at the boat show and have not yet gotten around to listing it for sale yet. I welcome all proposals. Please reply e-mail me with particulars, photos, and price goals.

Time is of the essence. I actually live in San Diego, California (in that big boating country that unfortunately has not really discovered the benefits of big RIBs yet!) I am planning on traveling to the UK south coast in the next couple of weeks to search out and buy a RIB to container-ship back to the States - for some good, winter, boat-working fun!

Cheers!
Paul Tilley has hull n tubes siting there should look after you

Sent from my iPad using Rib.net
Old 09 September 2012, 08:26   #3

Town: Southampton
Boat name: Hissing Sid
Make: Ross Smith Cobra
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200HP Optimax
MMSI: 235038046
Drop me a PM, know of a couple of things that may interest you.
Jizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2012, 02:59   #4
ncp

Town: California
Make: Avon 5.4m Searider
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha 90
Looking forward to seeing it out on the water when you get back!

Point Loma last weekend :
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120909_195838.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	72007