Go Back   RIBnet Forums > Buy and sell > RIBs wanted
Click Here to Login

Old 09 July 2016, 14:39   #1

Town: Atlanta
Length: no boat
Wanted - 12 to 14 ft SIB with 20 - 30 hp outboard

Hi, I'm new to this site, SIBs, and boating in general. I've recently become obsessed with SIBs and getting one this summer. I've started off looking at getting a kayak for a new hobby, then quickly moved to canoes since they were bigger and can hold more stuff. Back in my youth I've ridden on a square backed canoe with a small outboard on it. That thing would fly across the water. I also want to fish so it would be more ideal. Found plenty of deals, but didn't have a way to load and carry a canoe around. Then I discovered the inflatable intex seahawks, and saw all the modifications that can be done. I know they hold trolling motors, but didn't think it would be sturdy or fast enough. And finally, I was found the bigger, stronger, sturdier SIBs. I was sold on the Sea Eagle 126SR, but the cost of adding an 25hp outboard was a little shocking to me, lol. So I started looking for used SIBs. I see most people on this site recommend a used quality hypalon over a new cheap chinese made pvc. Anybody looking to get rid of one?
I just missed a possible good deal at my local marina. 13.5 Ft/4.0 m hypalon made in 1996, 2000 Tohatsu 30 Hp, wheel steering, ignition key start, fishing rod holders, compass, running lights, 2 oars, bimini, anchor and rode, trailer, bow line, maintenance book, and other stuff, for $3600 USD. Does that seem like a fair price? I'm looking for something similar if anyone wants to get rid of one.