Old 11 May 2015, 20:18   #1

Town: durham
Boat name: Moo
Make: Cobra
Length: 7m +
Engine: 250 Yamaha
Trading Up

I have a Zodiac Futura III with a 60hp Suzuki outboard. The boat is equipped with the Zodiac helm and seating and is 2011. The motor is 2012 and has done less than 20 hrs. I bought the boat with an air floor in addition to the fitted aluminium one, the idea was deflate the boat and use it along with the Suzuki 15hp outboard (also 2011 with 10-15 hours use). The issue is that I am never likely to take the 60 off the transom so my £1200 air floor and 15 hp are motor are sat doing nothing and now I have to trail the boat each time I want to use it.

So I have concluded that given that I wish to include my wife more in my boat related activities, something larger is required. I thought it worth seeing if there were anybody looking to downsize that might be interested in my Zodiac.

The boat is fitted with a Lowrance HDS5.

I'm pretty open minded regarding the next boat, but something around 8M with social seating arrangements would be good. Useable open deck space is important, lots of jockey seats are not. I wouldn't discount a rib with a cabin or indeed heads. Cobras always appeal, but there are a wealth of pretty looking ribs these days so I'm open to suggestions.

It my intention to get another set of tubes to use with my small outboard and air floor however I'm open to suggestions.....

Some photos below, as you can see my lab is less concerned about the absence of a cabin than Mrs G!

Regards

Ian

07808 911941

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByRIB Net1431375500.960218.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	105304Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByRIB Net1431375514.280956.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	105305Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByRIB Net1431375527.607093.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	105306
Old 13 May 2015, 15:59   #2

Town: Haddington
Make: Avon SR4
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50 Hp
Do you have a price in mind if you fail to find a part exchange.

Lee
Old 13 May 2015, 16:44   #3

Town: durham
Boat name: Moo
Make: Cobra
Length: 7m +
Engine: 250 Yamaha
To be honest Lee I Haven't. The boat is worth a fair chunk to me and as daft as it sounds I'd rather keep it than let go too cheaply. I have the space to keep her in my warehouse so I'm not desperate to part with her. The engine and boat with trailer and electronics stand me at circa £13,000 and are to all intents and purposes as good as new. If I were to start a conversation about selling her then I'd be hoping to close to two thirds of that back.
Everybody wants top money for their boat I suppose, hence the thought of part exchanging her against an equally well kept but bigger boat.