Old 04 April 2017, 20:36   #1

Town: Bristol
Length: no boat
6.5m watersports RIB wanted.

Hi there, new to the forums, have had a good look around and found some useful info about a RIB purchase I'd like to make. Currently working my way thought the "for sale" sections, but haven't quite found the boat I'm looking for.

I'm looking to pick up a 6.5m+ RIB for use in the Bay of Saint Tropez where I have a small mooring at the Marines de Cogolin. I'd like something that's suitable for wakeboarding and waterskiing in the bay, but also suitable for ferrying 10 people about in relative comfort for trips to local ports in the area, not venturing more than 3nM from port, and never more than a mile or so off-shore.

I'd like something that can create a decent wake, and for the wakeboarding aspect would ideally like a structural a-frame with tow eye, though a ski pole (or ability to fit a ski pole, e.g. behind rear seats) would be okay too.

I'm also interested in advice on recommended makes that fulfill that rough wish-list, as well as links to any suitable boats that someone might be selling or selling soon. I already have some ideas on makes and sea tested a boat this weekend that I loved and fulfilled my criteria, but unfortunately it sold 10 minutes before I arrived at the marina following a 3.5 hour journey! (though I was still able to test it). I'll reveal which boat later.

Thanks!

edit: forgot to mention budget. £20k max. Possibly very slightly more for an excellent example.

Tags
rib