Old 25 May 2016, 20:23   #1

Town: Torbay
Boat name: Dont Panic
Make: Zodiac YL 480 DL
Length: 4m +
Engine: Mercury 75
Zodiac Yachtline 480 DL

I have today, bought myself a Zodiac Yachtline 480 DL, so will have to defect across here to the Rib section, instead of the Sib section.....!

I know that they are not everybodys cup of tea, and have some haters, BUT, we have thought long and hard about this, and to go down the Rib route, we could only get one with the seating arrangement that this boat offers, for personal reasons.

I have had a look at quite a few, some crap, some overpriced, and came across this one, been sat in a garage on a farm, 2 previos owners, and after a very good clean, will be a gem. It is pushed along by a Mercury 75hp 2 stroke.

I am a very happy bunny tonight...!
Old 25 May 2016, 20:50   #2

Town: S. Carolina
Boat name: D560
Make: Avon
Length: 5m +
Engine: 2016 Merc 115hp CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho View Post
I have today, bought myself a Zodiac Yachtline 480 DL, so will have to defect across here to the Rib section, instead of the Sib section.....!

I know that they are not everybodys cup of tea, and have some haters, BUT, we have thought long and hard about this, and to go down the Rib route, we could only get one with the seating arrangement that this boat offers, for personal reasons.

I have had a look at quite a few, some crap, some overpriced, and came across this one, been sat in a garage on a farm, 2 previos owners, and after a very good clean, will be a gem. It is pushed along by a Mercury 75hp 2 stroke.

I am a very happy bunny tonight...!
PVC, Sharc, or Tropical tube?

The 480 DLX is one of my favorite boats! It evolved in to the Medline 500, but I don't like the new white/caramel color scheme...
office888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2016, 20:53   #3

I believe it to be PVC mate, it is 2003 boat.

I had a look at a couple of the older type medlines, but like yourself, was not to keen on the blue and white stripes, looked to much like a patio sun canopy.
Old 25 May 2016, 21:02   #4

Town: S. Carolina
Boat name: D560
Make: Avon
Length: 5m +
Engine: 2016 Merc 115hp CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho View Post
I believe it to be PVC mate, it is 2003 boat.

I had a look at a couple of the older type medlines, but like yourself, was not to keen on the blue and white stripes, looked to much like a patio sun canopy.
Inspect the bonding of the bolt rope to the tube since the boat is going on 13 years old.

Oldschool color-scheme! I wasn't a fan either. Back when white yachts with lots of oiled teak & blue/white stripes were popular...
office888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2016, 20:29   #5

I have earned some serious brownie points..........!!!!!

Took the wife and family out on saturday, and my good lady is really impressed with the rib. She said it is the perfect size for us, engine not too big like the last one, comfortable to be on, plenty of seating and good layout. Happy days.

Launched at about 11:00am, with a fair bit of sea mist, very common for Torbay, but by 15:00, it had cleared, and we had glorious sunshine, and glass like sea. Did not recover until about 20:00hrs. Such a cracking day. Covered just short of 40 miles, used about £30 of petrol (estimate) with 4 adults and 3 kids on board.

Just after we launched, with the mist, my boys spotted something in the distance, and wanted to investigate. as we got closer, it was 3 masted ship, and looked quite eeery in the mist, but when we got closer, managed to take this picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4542.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	113193  
Old 15 December 2016, 00:13   #6

Town: Ohio/Lake Erie
Boat name: Life is good
Make: Sea Ray/Zodiac YL480
Engine: Mercury/Yamaha
Purchased a Zodiac YL480, Yamaha 75hp 4stroke (2003) Feb 2016. It's primary purpose was a tender on the Great Lakes, but was used more often then our primary boat. It was definitely a home run with my family. Put 35 hours on the boat for the first season. I always get looks or comments about the boat. Can't wait for boating season to come back!
Old 15 December 2016, 19:46   #7

I am also already missing the nice boating weather.!

We went out a few weeks ago for a blast around, and had a good laugh for a few hours, but it was bloody cold, to say the least. Worth it though.

https://youtu.be/Ef-D_j1kQ2E
Old 16 December 2016, 16:01   #8

Town: Ohio/Lake Erie
Boat name: Life is good
Make: Sea Ray/Zodiac YL480
Engine: Mercury/Yamaha
Great video! Any time you can get on the water is worth it. Dealing with snow here, but at least the lake isn't frozen yet! I have a windshield on my boat, which definitely helps on cold days.

Keep in touch!

Tags
zodiac