Old 14 August 2003, 23:21   #1

Town: Port Logan
Boat name: Red Fox
Make: Zodiac Pro 500
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha 70hp
MMSI: 232004329
Windermere ...any advice

I would like to go on the lake with my rib. Any advice as to cost/launch site/ease of access/ around Windermere or north east of there, would be helpful and appreciated.
Old 15 August 2003, 07:28   #2

Town: Poole
Length: 6m +
Hi,

You'll have a great time on Windermere, have boated there many times & its never very busy - despite what the ban suggests.

Launch site at Ferry Nab (just south of Bowness) is one of the most perfect slipways around and has trailer storage space.

Places to go:

- Lakeside Hotel at Newby Bridge - worth a visit for a drink or bite to eat, has mooring & great views. If you are planning on splashing out they also have a holiday cottage with its own jetty - not cheap but a great location.
- Southern half of the lake is quieter (less trip boats)
-

Have great time

Email me with specific questions if required

Paul

www.powerboat-training-uk.co.uk, www.aquasafepowerboatschool.co.uk
Paul Glatzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2003, 21:52   #3

Town: NW& wherever the boat is!
Boat name: depends on m'mood!
Make: Humbers/15-24m cats
Length: 6m +
Engine: etec130/big volvos
MMSI: many and various
Get your boat registered by post for the lake before you go and then you can make up some boards to put the bl***y great numbers on which make an acceptable way of displaying them in a temporary way instead of sticking them on the boat. And dont forget to display them. I teach for an O.E.C. up there from time to time and also did the instructor course for the wardens there and spent some time on their rib and Draco enforcement boats. Onboard computer sends and receives details of who and what the numbers relate to, previous warnings etc, whilst they are looking or talking to you. via mobile phone modem. Nice guys though as long as you talk to them properly and grovel if you are in the wrong!! Remember you must have a competent observer and a rear view mirror if towing a skier. There are several speed limit areas and limits are rigorously enforced. Also a number of propeller eating shallow areas particularly south of the chain ferry which are buoyed off. You can get a free map of the lake from the wardens office. Couple of free mooring piers up a couple of miles north of Bowness at "Miller Ground" where you can land and do the barbecue.
Shame about the speed limit. I will miss the shock when I fall off the ski (regularly) and find that the water isn't salty.
Old 15 August 2003, 23:15   #4

Town: Port Logan
Boat name: Red Fox
Make: Zodiac Pro 500
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha 70hp
MMSI: 232004329
cheers guys
Old 16 August 2003, 20:39   #5

Town: UP NORF
Make: K4 CAT
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2 X MODIFIED 2.5'S
it will cost you £46 for 1 years membership{inc stickers for boat}and daylaunch is £10 from lake wardens office.great place to do your ribbing especially when its choppy.