Click Here to Login

Old 10 August 2007, 11:39   #1

Town: Bristol
Make: Humber Destroyer
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha 70
MMSI: 235057234
Who Was The Muppet In The Yellow Rib?

I spent the first half of the week in woolacombe participating in my less expensive hobbie and while sitting there on my board i noticed a yellow rib wave jumping about 500yds from the shore. After a while the rib decided to come closer and anchor up some 150 yds from the shore where 6 or 7 people jumped into a small inflatable to move on to the beach, after about 1 1/2 hours when the tide was ebbing the sea started to chop up and by this time the rib was only anchored up some 50 yds from the beach. The owner of the boat then must of suddenly realized er this isn't good and by that time the boat was full of water and being tossed around in the surf wave after wave, sometimes almost pulling the anchor out and in danger of beaching itself, and all this around inexperienced kids that were body boarding close by.
when the owner did manage to get control of the boat it was so full of water that he had to spend 10 minutes emptying the boat with the engine tilted up as far as possible to lift the bow which was causing excessive cavitation, then came the really funny bit getting everybody back in the boat from the beach in a small inflatable in 6 ft breaking waves, they did manage it eventually but only after capsizing several times the one thing that got me though was watching someone climb onboard from the transom when the engine was still running the boat then headed off with the tilt all wrong nose up in a choppy sea towards Ilfracombe, was this you or anybody you know?
yellow rib around 6-6.5 metres tohatsu? maybe on the back.