Old 23 July 2016, 19:00   #21

Length: 3m +
I believe the SR4.7 Mould was used to make The Adventure 4.7. The adventure range was created to be a more leisure orientated rib. It wasn't really a rip roaring success. It was lighter because the layup was less. For some the mould was redesigned and that new hull shape wasn't as great at handling the swell. But it had some lovely blue tubes which suited the leisure market rather than rescue orange or military grey.

So I don't think most Adventures were flooding. But I think the 4.7 was because I think they just used the SR mould. It probably wasn't expected to be popular so was an easy way to add a number to the range... Its no longer available - which is probably a shame as even with a lighter lay up the 4.7 SR is the best SR they make.
Old 23 July 2016, 19:22   #22

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
IMO Fred it's worth having a go yourself as one of the guys have said east coast resin supplies are very good they also take on repairs but they have lots of info and videos to look at , I made a console for my sib rang them up told me what to do and even what kit and quantities I needed. Guys on here will help too. For tube repairs Paul Tilley on here will cost for you but if budget is a problem contact poly marine again they have loads of info on how and what kit is required also rib shop. If the engine is running ok give it a good service because it's not been looked after you have seen first hand how he treated it. A good clean throughout will make it look different to start then repairs.
It's a project for sure but it will give loads of pleasure when you use it knowing its your own hand that's got there.
Best of luck start a thread if you take it on we all learn from them.

Cheers