Old 24 September 2019, 07:51   #1

Town: Manchester
Make: Avon S250
Length: 3m +
Engine: tohatsu 9.8
What to ask?

Hello

Have a small rib with a very nice trailer and engine in the garage. It is a shame to just leave it. Engine is not new but has had very little use.

Boat 2.7 tidal wave. Very nice rib for tender or pottering. Rated C for max ten HP. Small anchor of folding variety. Plastic bailing scoop. Pump and repair kit. I think boat is PVC not Hypatia. Stored in garage no UV damage.

Engine 9.8 Tohatsu, been winterised before storage and impeller and gear box oil changed regularly despite lack of use. New plastic fuel tank and tiller extension.

Trailer. Indespension roller. Unused spare wheel, grease gun etc.

Launching trolley, trailer has never been in the water as the one time I used the boat launched off the trolly.

Anyway this is not a for sale ad. I am hoping to sell and have no idea of what to ask.

The trailer in good condition as is boat and engine. Tried it on fleabay about a year ago failed to reach reserve and the final bid was less than the trailer alone should fetch.

Have photo but cannot get to upload?

Any ideas on best place to list would be appreciated and reasonable reserve/ price.

New price for trailer alone is 1200/1600 and last flea listing max bid was around 500 the whole package!
Old 24 September 2019, 09:33   #2

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidalwave2.7 View Post
Hello

Have a small rib with a very nice trailer and engine in the garage. It is a shame to just leave it. Engine is not new but has had very little use.

Boat 2.7 tidal wave. Very nice rib for tender or pottering. Rated C for max ten HP. Small anchor of folding variety. Plastic bailing scoop. Pump and repair kit. I think boat is PVC not Hypatia. Stored in garage no UV damage.

Engine 9.8 Tohatsu, been winterised before storage and impeller and gear box oil changed regularly despite lack of use. New plastic fuel tank and tiller extension.

Trailer. Indespension roller. Unused spare wheel, grease gun etc.

Launching trolley, trailer has never been in the water as the one time I used the boat launched off the trolly.

Anyway this is not a for sale ad. I am hoping to sell and have no idea of what to ask.

The trailer in good condition as is boat and engine. Tried it on fleabay about a year ago failed to reach reserve and the final bid was less than the trailer alone should fetch.

Have photo but cannot get to upload?

Any ideas on best place to list would be appreciated and reasonable reserve/ price.

New price for trailer alone is 1200/1600 and last flea listing max bid was around 500 the whole package!

As an example, assuming your Tohatsu is a 2 stroke, there’s a very nice example for sale at £750 in the for sale section. Bear in mind that with boats, you need to be prepared to lose a LOT of money. There’s normally a gulf between what you think it’s worth & what someone is prepared to pay. Saying that, I’d have thought your outfit would be worth £1200-£1500 for the engine & trailer alone. I’m not familiar with the make of your boat, are you sure it’s a RIB & not a SIB?
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2019, 09:47   #3

Rib/sib

Definitely a rib. I attached foto to my albums as it was not working attaching to post. There to see if of interest to anybody.

I understand about losing value on the boat. In fact at the lower end of your price range I would consider it free with the trailer and engine.

Thanks for your reply is inline with my own thoughts. So whole package is about same price as the trailer new. A bargain! I will stick it on the for sale section here. Hopefully will find a good home.
Old 24 September 2019, 10:00   #4

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
This rang a bell TW and looking back I see you asked similar over a year ago when you had the outfit listed on Ebay and bids stopped at £500 or so if I remember right.

So my advice now is an updated version of what I said then but very much follows PD's comments re being ultra realistic.

First... for a very small boat you've waited until the wrong end of the year to sell. Not many days until we're in October and weather makes that the end of the season for many leisure users. So you either need to hold on until next april/may or be prepared for harsh low winter prices.

As I said last year I'd not sell this as an outfit. A 2.7m RIB is a very niche product and even more so when sold on a trailer. Many boats this length are SIBs or folding ribs for portability and rigid RIBs like yours are so often seen leaning up in the quayside tender park.

Also the tender type use of a 2.7m often goes hand in hand with a 2.5-4hp modern 4-stroke so the Tohatsu 9.8 is a bit of an odd fit to the RIB for many.

The value... as we all said last time... in your outfit is in the outboard. Being the grey not black one lowers the price from the maximum they fetch but £750 this time of year as PD mentions and maybe £1000 well presented at the start of next season.

The RIB is not a brand I've ever heard of apart from in your username/posts and as a stand alone sale I'd guess at the lower to mid end of the range £150-£350 this time of year and in the upper range at the start of next season.

The trailer is of limited value due to being for such a short boat.. I guess it may even suit a jetski? Seems Indespension trailers in this size range make £175-£400.

But keep it all together as an outfit particularly this time of year and it may not attract a sale much above the value of the outboard alone.
Old 24 September 2019, 10:07   #5

Yes. I may split. The trailer will fit a PWC I agree. I have been working overseas past years and it just lived in the shed. Now home would like the space back. The rib I accept is not of great value, the other bits I hope will sell. I don’t expect a profit however at five hundred would just hang onto it.
Old 24 September 2019, 10:51   #6

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
FWITW i would split more chance of a SIB owner upgrading to a trailer or newer one same as the engine, the boat is tender size so a bigger market than just the sib world having said that the gurnard loves his wee boat for the carlmer days and ease of launch.
i sold a similar trailer couple of years back got £325 for it on here put some dates to them too so people know how old you'll make more money splitting it IMO
Old 24 September 2019, 11:02   #7

Thanks for the replies. I will place an ad with all items separated. Seems to be consensus.

I looked last year however I had bigger things going on so lost the impetus to sell especially at the fleabay offer. It’s not so important to me if it goes now or spring so will list it here and in FB market place see if there is any interest.

Again thanks all for the input
Old 24 September 2019, 11:16   #8

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
as a comparison.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Excel-Rib...p2056016.l4276
Old 24 September 2019, 21:57   #9

Town: Cardiff
Length: no boat
Ok how about this take it somewhere like Dickies and put it on a commission sale, they will give you an inflated value but will deal with the “sales” for a fee be honest about what you want and if they get a suitable offer take it an move on with life.....

It’s a tender so put it for sale somewhere people need tenders.....ideally someone with a boat on a swing mooring or similar and garage with a desire to launch and recover every time they want to use the big boat.....

Or split it up and accept you may still have the hull in 10 years time the engine will sell as will the trailer if you were closer I have a mate who would be interested.... ( in fact may still be as I’ll be up that way in a few weeks.....)

£700 for engine, £300 for trailer that’s £1000 and you still have hull to sell or donate it to local sea scouts or similar......

Dickies Marine Services | Beneteau Power and Sail Dealers