Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > RIBs & ribbing
Click Here to Login

Old 27 March 2021, 12:43   #1

Length: under 3m
What pump adapter for this valve??

Good day folks

I have recently purchased my first RIB, a 2006 Zodiac 220 Cadet so the baby of the bunch but suits my tender needs perfectly.

Something that should have been straightforward in RIB ownership is buying the accessories needed to put some air in the bloody thing. I have spent far to much time (and recently some money) in getting no-where. The adapters that I see online for fitting into the valves look nothing like what I require.

I have what are referred to as semi-recessed valves and they look like this:

https://www.ribstore.co.uk/products/...ew-in-type-cap

Note that the part around the valve head itself is threaded. So I was expecting to find an adapter for a pump that is also threaded.In spite of that, I did some reading and I was fairly certain that this product what what I needed:

https://www.ribstore.co.uk/products/...or-21mm-z67068

But no that doesn't fit. The diameter of the adapter is too large.

Can anyone offer an help with this? Currently I have a poorly inflated boat in my garden and its pretty frustrating not getting anywhere with my online search.

Thanks in advance for any help
Old 27 March 2021, 13:33   #2

Town: Aberdeenshire
Boat name: Sula
Make: Ribcraft 4.8m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 70hp + aux
MMSI: 235087213
RIBase
Pretty sure you need a Bravo 9 foot pump Z60979. Now I see it comes with an adapter Z67068 which is the 21mm part you say doesn't fit. Now it could be you don't need the adapter. Typical bleed' Zodiac. The original alloy Delrin valves just worked dandy but like anything they're constantly evolving the products. Hopefully another member with more knowledge will confirm before you buy. https://www.ibsparts.co.uk/product/z...aptors-z60979/
Old 27 March 2021, 14:24   #3

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
You are right that the pump adaptor does not screw in... it's a mild taper fit that is actually really secure even on higher pressures.

With a standard Zodiac supplied pump (Bravo branded) on the end of the hose is the smaller size Zodiac taper for the high pressure floors... this taper measures 18-18.5mm and is a friction fit inside the small Delrin valves on my high pressure floor.

The next adaptor in the image is the one that fits pretty well all the low pressure tube valves and I would have thought yours. It tapers gently from 21-22mm. There is a second adaptor you can see with a step in it and in truth I've not had a valve that's needed it but the size is 18mm on the smaller part and 21.5mm on the larger part.

It's a bit of a puzzle the standard adaptor doesn't fit your valve. Could you measure the end of your adaptor and the inside dia of your valve near the pressure release push button.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Footpump HP.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	136709  
Old 27 March 2021, 15:45   #4

Town: north ayrshire
Boat name: charlie girl
Make: S/R5.4/regal3760
Length: 10m +
Engine: Suzukidf70 2x6lp 315
A bit of insulation tape built up to the correct diameter to be a push fit in the valve has always worked for me