Old 13 January 2019, 18:06   #21

Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
As usual for this forum lots of confusing waffle with loads of numbers rather than an answer to his question
Oh sorry

It's worth £2476.78
Old 13 January 2019, 18:14   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly View Post
Agree - but most clubs buy new (either for warranty reasons or grants etc), and tend to buy known/proven designs. Perhaps a parent/coach might be on a different budget though.
Mmm. If they are doing "the circuit" then generally for sea venues you are expected to be on the water 6-8 hours with no going ashore and to have ability to tow a string of 8 boats in up to F6.

I'm not sure if this boat cuts that or not. And if it does might be irrelevant... You will have to explain to every clipboard wielding official why this boat can do all that.

I've never seen a non-console RIB brought by a parent to an event. There is a lot of sitting around...

Manual start engine adds another pain for lots of start stop coaching etc.
Old 13 January 2019, 19:24   #23

Town: Surrey
Boat name: ocean pro 6.3
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Engine: 140hp suzuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyShoe View Post
Mmm. If they are doing "the circuit" then generally for sea venues you are expected to be on the water 6-8 hours with no going ashore and to have ability to tow a string of 8 boats in up to F6.

I'm not sure if this boat cuts that or not. And if it does might be irrelevant... You will have to explain to every clipboard wielding official why this boat can do all that.

I've never seen a non-console RIB brought by a parent to an event. There is a lot of sitting around...

Manual start engine adds another pain for lots of start stop coaching etc.

Probably smaller scale than you have described there ie within sheltered bays etc. Our neighbour runs man over board training and this would suit that purpose. Poly made a good point about larger well established outfits though.

I would think families looking to go up from a SIB but don’t want a large rib, but want to keep it straight forward (not having console electrics etc) might also be interested in it. Question as always is what price but as I mentioned earlier, price is in the “beauty of the beholder”.

In direct response to the OP though I think if I were to offer (which I am not as I think the other half would swiftly dispatch me if I buy another boat!) it would be around the £2.5k mark.
Old 13 January 2019, 20:54   #24

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Just had a good look at the images and after my thoughts when you first bought it I'm now 100% sure this was an Aerotec 380 SIB with the floor and transom cut away then a lucky fit hard hull added... neat job too. Everything in terms of hand rails, valves, bow bag d-loops, paddle holders etc is exactly in the correct place for an Aerotec from 1997/8. The large black "wear" patches are a dead giveaway too as they will be to tidy up where the original transom and seat attachment flaps were removed.

I'm with Beamishken on value as I'd expect to buy as a rough project under £2k and not get back half of what I'd spent in work/parts to get it looking and going as it does now.

I think it looks neat and uncluttered in tiller form... if we were trailing it would make a great substitute for our Aerotec for the short(ish) distance fun we have at the coast.

Edit: The overall look of the hull profile has been niggling at me and I've realised it's very much like that of a baby (10ft or so) Picton speedboat a friend of my folks owned and was stored upside down in the garden..
Old 13 January 2019, 21:44   #25

Town: Cardiff
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenlander View Post

Edit: The overall look of the hull profile has been niggling at me and I've realised it's very much like that of a baby (10ft or so) Picton speedboat a friend of my folks owned and was stored upside down in the garden..
Call it a cobra prototype and ask £5k.....
Old 17 January 2019, 20:37   #26

Town: Ipswich
Boat name: Click and Collect
Make: Valiant and Narwhal
Length: 4m +
Engine: Outboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
I often wonder why you bother with it if it upsets you so much....

Waffle

Who said it upsets me I never...… Seems like something you made up in your own head
Old 18 January 2019, 08:21   #27

Town: swanage
Make: Thundercat
Engine: Tohatsu 50
Cheers guys!

I do love this little boat. Perfect for what I need. Personally I prefer it without the console as I think it limits its uses at that size of boat. A console would just take up too much space. Then add a 3/4 people, couple of wakeskates/boards & kit bags it’d be a very cramped boat!

I find the tiller quicker to manoeuvre into place for boarding and when going into caves near us. Also...add a battery, PTT, steering, throttle controls; just more things for me to maintain! I’ll quiet happily just flush the engine & hose it off & 10minutes later it’s packed into the garage.

Only thing I’m thinking of is adding the bench seat back in so I can add further storage under the seat.

When I bought it I was originally looking for something cheap and easy (after I sold a 20ft bowrider) and something that didn’t take up all my time. So a 25hp ish sib on a trailer so I didn’t have to pub it up....but a few of these kept popping up and just seemed no doubt a no brainier!

Engine weights about 70kg and the hull can’t be more than 50kg. I’ve had a few thundercats in the past that’ll do 60mph and this can certainly be more than a handleful! But great fun and needs that punch to pull a board up.

Here’s some photos from before I did any work to it so you can see I haven’t done loads. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1960.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	128243Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1961.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	128244
Old 18 January 2019, 12:34   #28

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
i reckon it's a great little boat as it is luke, ok its a hybrid but who cares if it works for you. for me if i were in the market for a just sub £3000 rib i would buy it
Old 21 January 2019, 13:49   #29

Town: north ayrshire
Boat name: charlie girl
Make: S/R5.4/regal3760
Length: 10m +
Engine: Suzukidf70 2x6lp 315
http://www.rib.net/forum/showthread.php?t=80666

I think this add puts the value of your boat into perspective
I'd imagine there would be more people would buy the sr4
Old 21 January 2019, 15:14   #30

Just for fairness to OP, that is not a sea rider, the SS has a different hull and not as sought after, hence the price....which I must say seems reasonable, tidy buy for someone who is going to use it sensibly.

I do agree that you are in the 2-2.5k range though I'd have thought
Old 21 January 2019, 18:37   #31

Town: north ayrshire
Boat name: charlie girl
Make: S/R5.4/regal3760
Length: 10m +
Engine: Suzukidf70 2x6lp 315
Id say even being a supersport its still head and shoulders over the ops boat being an origional as it left the factory boat
And plenty of sr4s in the same price bracket
I still think the ops boat is sub£2k
Old 21 January 2019, 19:17   #32

better or head and shoulder above is perhaps subjective to your intended use. The market is probably someones first boat or wants to upgrade from a SIB perhaps?

However, there is a 30% plus swing in values in 4 pages so I guess the market value is in there somewhere.

Tags
rib