Old 23 March 2014, 19:04   #1

Town: Northumberland
Boat name: Northern Storm
Make: North Diver?
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha 90 Autolube
MMSI: 235096344
Weight distribution

Well the refurb is slowly coming to finishing touches and apart from a bit wiring working out I need to decided on were portable fuel tanks sit, as my 5hp aux sits stb side of main engine I'm guessing it's good practice to counter it on port side but as my electrics run up this side it limits where it can sit could mount more central but limits space between 2nd jockey and transom also need to make sure engine has clearance when fully tilted up!
The 2nd tank 22l I'm thinking inbetween anchor conpartment and console, fits nicely and could run fuel line down read if needed to change over?
As rib I'm guessing will lift very easily with 90 on bck would it be worth having few sandbags in bow just incase?
Old 24 March 2014, 15:45   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramas View Post
Well the refurb is slowly coming to finishing touches and apart from a bit wiring working out I need to decided on were portable fuel tanks sit, as my 5hp aux sits stb side of main engine I'm guessing it's good practice to counter it on port side but as my electrics run up this side it limits where it can sit could mount more central but limits space between 2nd jockey and transom also need to make sure engine has clearance when fully tilted up!
The 2nd tank 22l I'm thinking inbetween anchor conpartment and console, fits nicely and could run fuel line down read if needed to change over?
As rib I'm guessing will lift very easily with 90 on bck would it be worth having few sandbags in bow just incase?
I'd def load up the front with a cooler full of beer

But seriously tho... I would want the weight more evenly distributed amongst the boat and not just in the front and rear you know? Im not too knowledgable in these kinda things.. but thats just what I think
Old 24 March 2014, 15:51   #3

Town: Tallahasse
Boat name: Ebony
Make: Sea Eagle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgetthedock View Post
I'd def load up the front with a cooler full of beer

But seriously tho... I would want the weight more evenly distributed amongst the boat and not just in the front and rear you know? Im not too knowledgable in these kinda things.. but thats just what I think
Im with Dock on this one. I'm seeing a fat girl on one of those thin pool rafts we had in the 90s.
Old 25 March 2014, 21:23   #4

Town: Northumberland
Boat name: Northern Storm
Make: North Diver?
Engine: Yamaha 90 Autolube
MMSI: 235096344
Have the console and 2 seats + kit in middle