Town: Southampton/Poole
Boat name: Black Racketeer
Make: White Shark & Avon
Length: 6m +
Engine: Verado 150
Valiant 520

Evening all,

what do we think of this?

Valiant - Valiant 520 RIBs and Inflatable Boats for sale in Hampshire, South East | Boats and Outboards

really appreciate the advise.

Ollie
Old 21 April 2015, 21:27   #2

Town: livingston
Boat name: the massive
Make: valiant
Engine: honda BF115
MMSI: 235092322
RIBase
Ive had the 620 for over 5 years and very happy. The boat is very dry as the bow is high and the wide sponsons keep it stable in the turns. Lots of storage as you would want for a family rib. PU tubes(not PVC) are a doddle to keep clean. People will tell you that its not a humber etc so cant take the sea which is rubbish as I have been out in 2-3m seas and didnt die! it's a comfy safe family boat which you can drive up the beach so enjoy
Old 29 April 2015, 10:33   #3

Town: Setúbal
Boat name: Argonaut I
Make: Valiant 520
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mariner 2st 40HP
RIBase
Not exactly the most experienced guy, but so far, I love mine! Handles really nice. 2001 model thou.
Old 29 April 2015, 11:37   #4

Town: Denny
Boat name: Highland Bluewater
The layout? You've only really got two seats that are usable in anything other than flat calm.
Old 29 April 2015, 11:50   #5

Town: Castlebar
Boat name: Clewless
Make: Valiant DR 490
Length: 4m +
Engine: 60 hp ETEC
MMSI: Awaitng one
RIBase
As a Valiant Owner DR 490 and not the 520 hull as shown I beieve that the weight is too far to the stern in this boat. I am generally very happy with my Valiant. But I did more or less rebuild it, as I found that the original seating was too low for me and too far to to stern of the boat which resulted in a very light boat in the bow. This was a pain in head seas off the west of Ireland.

The seating on this boat is only suitable for fine weater only. Using the boat in a standing position may not be feasable if you are tall as the steering and trottle controls seems to be low.

I believe that the Valiant PT 520 has a much deeper Vee and is more suitable for the nastier weather. If you are looking for a boat as a sunny day/ beach hopping boat then this boat is suitable, if you are looking for a crusier for long distance in potentially nasty weather then this is not the boat for you.
Old 29 April 2015, 12:26   #6
Spammer

Town: Stirling
Boat name: Macaw
Make: Parker 750 CC
Length: 7m +
Engine: VERADO 300XL OB
New Vanguard DR500 'RESCUE

Looks a bit over priced
Have a look at - The Bosuns Locker
New Vanguard DR500 'RESCUE' made from PVC / Hypertext. Includes jockey console and trailer. Fitted with ergonomic lifting handles, non-slip tube reinforcement, reinforced rubbing strake, HF welded liferings and safety relief valve.
Product Code:IBSDR-500BOOPVC
Availabilityiew at Port Edgar £6,000 +

F 60 ELPT EFI Mercury / Mariner Outboard ~ ALL Models
SKU 506
Weight 125.00 kg
F 60 ELPT Model Options: F 60 ELPT EFI
£5,999.00
Old 30 April 2015, 07:46   #7

Town: Setúbal
Boat name: Argonaut I
Make: Valiant 520
Engine: Mariner 2st 40HP
RIBase
Come to think of it... I agree with Callum, it's definitely a RIB for sunny seas, here in Portugal it's pretty much what everyone has, a shallow V shape. According to what I've seen, I wouldn't advise this boat for your coast.
Old 30 April 2015, 08:23   #8

Town: Castlebar
Boat name: Clewless
Make: Valiant DR 490
Length: 4m +
Engine: 60 hp ETEC
MMSI: Awaitng one
RIBase
The Hull is fine, It just the layout that is wrong. It is not the best of hulls but is is not the worst either.
Old 30 April 2015, 09:56   #9

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Engine: Etec 90
My last new boat was a Valliant 560 IIRC (similar age to your pic) and I loved it. Agree about weight too , so I had anchors and chain and my aux configured in the bow , once I did that it handled beautifully Any one who says its not a sea boat is talking out of their arse, once set up it was lovely, and Ive had my fare share of RIB's to know the difference. Big 500mm tubes were great, and the fact they stretched out beyond the transom a fair bit, coupled with the fact it wasnt such a deep V meant you could launch on a beach and recover very easily as it didnt need much depth of water
Old 30 April 2015, 17:53   #10

Town: livingston
Boat name: the massive
Make: valiant
Engine: honda BF115
MMSI: 235092322
RIBase
I agree, my valiant is very happy in lumpy seas off the west coast. I must admit I feel a bit fed up of the naysayers with their tales of doom.....oh it will dissolve in the cold sea blah blah. I used to drive sea riders and pac22's in the mob, great boats but I wouldn't want to put up with the poor storage. Oh and my 'crappy' PU tubes still look new. It's the same with land rover defenders....brilliant, but terrible to live with.
Grump grump grump
Old 01 May 2015, 20:52   #11

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Engine: Etec 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by macattack101 View Post
I agree, my valiant is very happy in lumpy seas off the west coast. I must admit I feel a bit fed up of the naysayers with their tales of doom.....oh it will dissolve in the cold sea blah blah. I used to drive sea riders and pac22's in the mob, great boats but I wouldn't want to put up with the poor storage. Oh and my 'crappy' PU tubes still look new. It's the same with land rover defenders....brilliant, but terrible to live with.
Grump grump grump
Yes ..Badge buyers deserve all they get .. not knocking the opposition, but sometimes just a bit of knowledge is all it takes ? .. Too many want a turnkey solution ..