Old 04 August 2008, 22:24   #1

Town: Voronezh
Length: no boat
Send a message via Skype™ to Joesla
trip around Scandinavia. In the need of advice

Greeting everyone!

I'm pretty sure there's sifficient info on the net but wish i knew Finnish or Norvegian to succesfully google it out
Well, we're planning a trip around Scandinavia next year's july-august, 2 ribs going together. Can you please give some advice on special rules concerning navigation in fiords and channels, if there are any?

Also, we will definetely be mooring outside of marines as well, so fuel availability in small villages, camping and fire restrictions and all related matters are a doubt.

And yeah, the weather in july and august. If anyone has sailed the Norwegian Sea and surroundings, i'll highly appreciate if you share your experience here
Old 05 August 2008, 13:54   #2

Town: Trondheim
Make: Revenger 34
Length: 10m +
Engine: yamaha F350
Hi

This should be no problem to do. But you should keep in mind that propper planning is needed.

I operate an commercial RIB safari / Searafting company in Trondheim. I can give you some advices an what to wear, water and weather info etc.

I only know where to get fuel between Krisiansund and Namsos, but it easy to get more info on this from different places on net, but many of those pages are in norwegian.

Navigation is not a problem at all in the fjords etc. Just use what you learned. There are a few local 5 knots zones, but they are poorly marked. Keep in mind that not every dangerous rock has an mark on it, there are millions of them some places.
In general all harbour are 5 knot zones.

Regarding weather. I t can change from calm to gale in moments. Be prepared to navigate your RIB in bad weather. But mostley the weather is calm.

at my website I have a few pictures from Trondelag: www.fjordrafting.no
Old 06 August 2008, 23:19   #3

Town: Voronezh
Length: no boat
Send a message via Skype™ to Joesla
Thanks dykkeren!

Two more questions here ; ) About what to expect while we're far north - you might probably know whenether it's possible to get petrol in small towns like Hamningberg without going 50km inland and other torubles? ; ) Sorry if i sound overparanoic with that :-[

About licences: does one have to carry legal documents to operate a rib? If yes, will foreign ones (Russian in our case - we here formally need a licence to operate even a rowing boat = ) be possibly ok?

Advice on weather, water and proper clothes etc are appreciated indeed))
And yeah, camping/fire restrictions if setting tents on the wild beach, if any?

Thanks in advance, you're a great help so far ; )
Old 28 August 2008, 09:25   #4

Town: Trondheim
Make: Revenger 34
Length: 10m +
Engine: yamaha F350
Hi

Regarding petrol filling facilities, I don't personally every dock, but there are a few boat magazines that have an review each year on this. There are advice on carrying a few cannes so you can carry fuel where needed.

According to documents on board. Are ouy planning this as an holliday or work trip ?

Anyway you need to have some kind of ownership documentation, insurance, some kind of boat driver license, passport etc.

You absolutly need updatet sea maps, there are billions of dangerous rocks etc in norway.

Clothing: you need to wear something that help you stay alive if you fall in the water. the water temp ase seldom above 11 - 12 C at sea.

There are numerous camping rules. Both national an local.
The easyest way to do camping is to ask localy where you plan to camp.
Old 31 August 2008, 21:22   #5

Town: Stockholm
Make: KR7
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude 150 H.O
http://translate.google.com/translate_t#

Try this one...