Old 01 October 2005, 22:58   #101

Town: NW& wherever the boat is!
Boat name: depends on m'mood!
Make: Humbers/15-24m cats
Length: 6m +
Engine: etec130/big volvos
MMSI: many and various
Quote:
I'm guessing that the girls don't even have my very limited experience.
Bit sexist that old chap!
My daughter first went to sea in her carry cot. Was in and out of my fishing boats all her childhood as well as coastguard boats(shh!). RYA national youth windsurfing squad member, Was a much sought after ski boat driver in her teens(far better looking than me!) PBI as soon as she was old enough (exam and assessment by the RYA national coach) and now AdvPBI, RNLI crew at seventeen, AWLB navigator at eighteen. Teaches HM CG crews for me as well as lots of independent lifeboat crews. Tall ships competent crew/watchleader, drives demo boats at ribex and has done so for four years, just left uni with her degree but having a year driving a 12 passenger 10m twin 200hp o/b rib to take electricians out to the windfarms. RNLI firefighting etc course this weekend. And she's now 21.
Whilst I have concerns looking at the just passed level 2 and is a coxswain statement you should not guess that you are better than them until you know the whole truth. Some of these girlies are bloody good at what they do!
Old 02 October 2005, 07:52   #102

Town: London & Bolton
Length: no boat
Send a message via MSN to keytouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavelength
My daughter first went to sea in her carry cot. Was in and out of my fishing boats all her childhood as well as coastguard boats(shh!). RYA national youth windsurfing squad member, Was a much sought after ski boat driver in her teens(far better looking than me!) PBI as soon as she was old enough (exam and assessment by the RYA national coach) and now AdvPBI, RNLI crew at seventeen, AWLB navigator at eighteen. Teaches HM CG crews for me as well as lots of independent lifeboat crews. Tall ships competent crew/watchleader, drives demo boats at ribex and has done so for four years, just left uni with her degree but having a year driving a 12 passenger 10m twin 200hp o/b rib to take electricians out to the windfarms. RNLI firefighting etc course this weekend. And she's now 21.
Whilst I have concerns looking at the just passed level 2 and is a coxswain statement you should not guess that you are better than them until you know the whole truth. Some of these girlies are bloody good at what they do!
Any photo's? phone number?
Old 02 October 2005, 08:56   #103

Town: Devon
Boat name: White Ice
Make: Ranieri
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 115hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
No I am not but I would like to keep my private life private - surely that's not too much to ask????
I would recommmend being ex-directory as your first step to privacy!
Richard B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 October 2005, 11:46   #104

Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
codders in private

I joined ribnet to get advice and to have some fun chatting with folks with similar interests to myself but probably the most important reason is to meet up with other rib owners either on phone or in person to go out on the boats and generally have a fun time and do some learning.

this forum is great for finding other rib owners, chatting with the potential to meeting on the water and having some good days out.

Now Codders, you are very active on here and always have something, sometimes a lot, to say about various wide ranging subjects. I have already chatted to a good few folks over the phone and got advice, chatted generally, and met a few of the folks from here already and i am hoping to get out on the water with some of then in the future.

Now if you are so active on here but want to keep everything so private.......what is the point.......what is your motivation on ribnet.......have you met or chatted with folks.......why are you on ribnet if you will never meet folks or reveal your true identity.

in my book someone with this type of profile is either a bit odd, or a very private introvert person, or someone who spins a bit of a yarn and can not meet people for risk of the truth coming out, or a bit of a dreamer that wants to appear as an oracle of information but is really a bit of a sad person sitting at home in the bedroom of mums house.

I am sure you are a decent upstanding person and are very genuine, but, why the secrecy, and are you aware of the public suspicion and interest around the codprawn person.

When and If you get your boat, why not arrange a meet with others on here as i am sure folks would be delighted to meet you......if you have spun a bit of a yarn or two then you might have to bite the bullet and come clean but i am sure it will be worth it.

If you already have a wide circle of boating buddies and dont need to meet anyone from ribnet, then why are you on here so often

lots of questions but am intrigued

nosey parker chris

hopefully my comments on here wont offend anyone out there....
Old 02 October 2005, 12:26   #105

Town: NIVELLES BELGIUM
Boat name: INDEPENDENT
Make: BWM RAPIER
Length: 9m +
Engine: Ob 2*250/2t yams hpd
MMSI: 235030702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hartley
Now Codders, you are very active on here and always have something, sometimes a lot, to say about various wide ranging subjects. I have already chatted to a good few folks over the phone and got advice, chatted generally, and met a few of the folks from here already and i am hoping to get out on the water with some of then in the future.

Now if you are so active on here but want to keep everything so private.......what is the point.......what is your motivation on ribnet.......have you met or chatted with folks.......why are you on ribnet if you will never meet folks or reveal your true identity.

in my book someone with this type of profile is either a bit odd, or a very private introvert person, or someone who spins a bit of a yarn and can not meet people for risk of the truth coming out, or a bit of a dreamer that wants to appear as an oracle of information but is really a bit of a sad person sitting at home in the bedroom of mums house.

I am sure you are a decent upstanding person and are very genuine, but, why the secrecy, and are you aware of the public suspicion and interest around the codprawn person.

When and If you get your boat, why not arrange a meet with others on here as i am sure folks would be delighted to meet you......if you have spun a bit of a yarn or two then you might have to bite the bullet and come clean but i am sure it will be worth it.

If you already have a wide circle of boating buddies and dont need to meet anyone from ribnet, then why are you on here so often

lots of questions but am intrigued

nosey parker chris

hopefully my comments on here wont offend anyone out there....

See my prebious posts on this !!!!!!! Chris "codprawn by codprawn"- the subject is very intersting/suspicious ect. So much so, that I decided to ask
Sue Johnson from "Waking the dead" to profile Mr. Codprawn We came up witk two completly opposite profiles - so nothing is realy known.

If you go over his 1400 odd posts- there are a few dscrepancys -

one of the latest was that Mr. Codprawn claims to have a factory where he can strip a kalasnikov AK47 in 5 minutes or completely ovehaul a Rolls Royce RB211--- yet this factory is just only getting three phased electrics in the near future.???????????. Another one- was when he seemed to know about the thinkings of a mechanic in the 30's. Does this make Mr. Codders well over 80??. Howver other posts put Mr.Codders at about 40- so

profile 1. A man of immense knowledege in all subjects with a masters degree in everything, 40 years experience in Mechanical engineering, 25 years in the aviation business, 30 years in IT , speaks ay least 7 languages
parties and dines with the best of the land

or
profile 2

a person suffering from severe illusions of grandeur due to being accidently dropped by his parents at an early age down a well.

However, he does his homework very well as he has caught me out ( due to my failing memory) on some occasions.

So you pays your money and take your pick.

An open invitation to Codders:

I will pay your journey from Wales to Belgium via car ferry - where we can
meet and settle once and for all this question. I will also take you out in my
my rib. I will keep your indentity secret if that is what you desire but I will
report back to this board if its profile 1 or profile 2.

Jonathan
Old 02 October 2005, 12:28   #106
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hartley
That's the internet for you!

It takes all sorts. People can be what they want to be, and the rest of the world can make up their own minds about who or what they really are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eupa
An open invitation to Codders:

I will pay your journey from Wales to Belgium via car ferry - where we can
meet and settle once and for all this question. I will also take you out in my
my rib. I will keep your indentity secret if that is what you desire but I will
report back to this board if its profile 1 or profile 2.
No one here is obliged to reveal anything about themselves that they don't want to. No one knows who the Garfish is either -- it's just one of life's little mysteries.

The mystery of Codprawn clearly bugs some people, but it looks like you're all just going to have to get over it. He (or she!) has made it quite clear that, for the time being at least, he's keeping himself to himself outside the virtual world of RIBnet.

If you disagree with something specific that he posts that's fine, go ahead and say so. If his posts just irritate you, put him on your ignore list

This is beginning to look like a witch hunt, and I'm getting bored with it. If you think a particular post is offensive or blatantly breaches the posting guidelines then let me know -- otherwise please move on.

John
Old 02 October 2005, 12:36   #107

sorry JK - didnt see your post..

getting back on the subject....

Give me experience any day over qulifications....The resaon is very simple
When you are in the shit, a bit of paper wont help you. Experience will get you out of trouble............+ a few prayers

Jonathan
Old 02 October 2005, 12:49   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by eupa
When you are in the shit, a bit of paper wont help you.
Tell that to Mr Andrex
Old 02 October 2005, 14:55   #109

Town: Cumbria
Length: 4m +
Oh well here goes my two cents worth, maybe less with inflation

I watched my father leave the Royal Navy with 25 years experience. During his time he'd been on ships small and large, submarines and even an aircraft carrier (HMS Eagle 1970 run). He coxwainsed a torpedo recovery vessel and crewed a minesweeper. During his time he was a small boats officer and instructor. Basically at the time you'd be right in thinking that what he knew about boats was enough to fill an encyclopeadia.

Then he left the navy and came into civvy street. Started looking for jobs but got the same responses: "You don't have the qualifications". Eventually, after several years in the Coastguard, ironically driving the first Avon SR4's that they used, he got a post skippering a survey vessel. Well, he did until the insurance company found out that he didn't have any "paper qualifications". This left his employer in a bit of a quandry. They knew that he was perfect for the post but they knew they couldn't get insurance until he'd done the courses. My father was persuaded to do the courses, which of course with his experience he passed quickly and easily enough but you could see him getting a bit weary of the constant grind. After a few years of this constant schooling he got very disillusioned and left the job and returned to the coastguard service where he served until he passed away.

But this is where it finally gets a bit interesting. I served with him in the coastguard service and we always had trouble with the outboard engines that were supplied in those days: the old Evinrude 25
They never did run well and we had several gearbox problems too. And yet the team always followed my father's instructions to the letter because he had the experience. Except I recently discovered that he was wrong! For all those years that we had starting and running problems with the Evinrudes my father had insisted that the correct oil/fuel mixture was 25-1. No it's not: it's 50-1 and that would definitely have explained why the engines were smokey and chokey! The gearboxes? Well my father taught everyone who used the engines to change gear gently. Wrong! On the Evinrudes of that era a sharp change is recommended due to the cut of the gears. No wonder we ended up with so many dog clutch failures.

Okay so what's the point of this exceptionally long dit? Because I agree that qualifications mean something and even though experience is good, sometimes even experience is corrupted if the original information is incorrect.

Ideally I'd want both and I can admit that there was more than one occassion when I was very grateful that my father was driving the rib with his experience rather than any of us who actually had the qualifications.
Old 02 October 2005, 15:43   #110

Town: Devon
Boat name: White Ice
Make: Ranieri
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 115hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kennett
If you think a particular post... blatantly breaches the posting guidelines then let me know
OK!
Richard B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 October 2005, 15:52   #111

Quote:
Any photo's? phone number?
website-but her dads an absolute b****** !!
Old 02 October 2005, 16:12   #112

Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kennett
That's the internet for you!

It takes all sorts. People can be what they want to be, and the rest of the world can make up their own minds about who or what they really are.

This is beginning to look like a witch hunt, and I'm getting bored with it.
John
John

If you are bored with it we will move on, i suspect you have seen enough of this about codprawn over the months anyway....

regards

Chris
Old 02 October 2005, 16:33   #113

Quote:
Having looked at the website, you also forgot to mention that she is also very attractive.

My uncle lives in Knott-End, maybe I should visit him more often
Old 02 October 2005, 16:39   #114

Her fiance might have something to say about that-if he's not at sea on his lifeboat!
Old 02 October 2005, 17:34   #115

Town: mansfield
Send a message via MSN to osprey__viper
Quote:
He's also getting on a bit

Martin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sey6.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	14748  
Old 02 October 2005, 17:38   #116

thanks Martin-I get more like Victor Meldrew every day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
took a bit of a fancy to the missus that one-followed her round the beach, but slowly
I think this thread has lost its way!
Old 03 October 2005, 08:45   #117

Town: Southampton
Quote:
Nope! Just questioning whether a recently PB2 qualified 16 year old should be in charge of a really big rescue boat! We seem to all agree that experience is certainly important and the facts of the press release seem to suggest that these people might require the opportunity to gain a little bit more before sending them out on patrol alone in the solent.

Anyway, less of the 'old'. I'm not even 18 for a few weeks!

Matt
Old 03 October 2005, 09:12   #118

Town: Somerset
Make: Halmatic P22
Engine: 150 Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Riley

Anyway, less of the 'old'. I'm not even 18 for a few weeks!

Matt
Matt,

leave home now and get a job while you still know everything!
Old 03 October 2005, 10:13   #119

Quote:
. I'm not even 18 for a few weeks!
oops sorry, didnt realise that you have a year age wise over this girlie and are still counting hours in commandoes and 5 ribs. Well qualified to guess her capabilities then Perhaps you could guess for me if Nicole was sufficiently competent to drive demo boats at RIBEX when she was 17 like you and if at 21 this 400hp rib is a bit too much for her, her being a just girl that is with an advanced commercial ticket, not a macho man like those who drive commandoes. If you could guess my lottery numbers as well that would be nice!
Old 03 October 2005, 12:35   #120

I'm not even 18 for a few weeks!

god almighty- a baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!. grow up quick boy!!!????????

jonathan