Old 04 June 2006, 08:07   #1

Town: southampton
Length: 5m +
Tow Coupling Help

Anyone know where I can get a Tow coupling fixed, Its a Bradley coupling on a rapide trailer, Can they be repaired easily ?

Thanks Mike
Old 04 June 2006, 08:54   #2

Town: Southampton
Boat name: Aquaholic
Make: Ribeye
Length: 7m +
Engine: 250 V8
Send a message via Skype™ to benc
Heya Mike,

Got any pictures?
Old 04 June 2006, 09:02   #3

Town: Côte d'Azur
Boat name: Beaver Patrol
Make: Avon Searider SR4
Length: 4m +
Is it a braked trailer or un-braked?

Looking at what boat you've got I'll assume it's unbraked. A new coupling will cost about £30 from indispention and should just bolt on with two big bolts (which should be there already). Thats for a heavy duty cast one. If you've got one of the cheaper pressed steel Alko ones you can find a cheap replacement for about £14 from Towsure.

Edit: you can get the new style Bradley coupling on here for £22 plus postage: http://www.trailerpartswarehouse.co....prices_27.html (at the bottom of the page). If yours is an old style this is a direct replcement so the bolt holes will be in the same place as the old one.
Old 04 June 2006, 09:25   #4

Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Old 04 June 2006, 20:22   #5

coupling help !

Quote:
Originally Posted by benc
Heya Mike,

Got any pictures?
Thanks Guys It is a braked trailer there is a pic at http://www.247electrics.co.uk/rib.htm the problem is I think I have blown out a seal or something because there is no damper action just a clonk ever time I pull away

''HELP''
Old 04 June 2006, 20:37   #6

Town: Côte d'Azur
Boat name: Beaver Patrol
Make: Avon Searider SR4
Length: 4m +
You have the same hitch as me. Are the brakes working? A clonk doesn't nessasserily mean it's faulty; mine makes a little clonk when I brake hard as the bar retracts into the hitch. It is possible to buy most of the working parts that make up a Bradley Hydra-hitch. If your not totally sure take it to Indispention and get them to check it over. If your not sure how to dismantle it or which part needs replacing get hold of an indispention catalogue - they have a cut-away diagram which helps to make a little more sence of it.
Old 04 June 2006, 20:54   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M
You have the same hitch as me. Are the brakes working? A clonk doesn't nessasserily mean it's faulty; mine makes a little clonk when I brake hard as the bar retracts into the hitch. It is possible to buy most of the working parts that make up a Bradley Hydra-hitch. If your not totally sure take it to Indispention and get them to check it over. If your not sure how to dismantle it or which part needs replacing get hold of an indispention catalogue - they have a cut-away diagram which helps to make a little more sence of it.
Ok thanks Tim ill try and have a look, the brakes work fine its just when I pull away from standstill, I think I may have screwed it when I used the trailer with the brake cables disconnected (I have new brake cables now of course)