Old 29 August 2006, 11:33   #1

Town: Lee on the Solent
Boat name: Saintlee
Make: Leeway
Length: 6m +
Engine: Evinrude DI 115
Stormforce Coaching

Having decided that I ought to get some paperwork to go with my many hours on all types of boats and also that it would be worth getting my boys (15 and 13) properly trained I looked around for a suitable school down here (Hampshire). Top of the agenda were value for money and also the willingness to teach us in our boat. This did narrow the field considerably!

With all this in mind I booked my Powerboat 2 course with Doug at Stormforce, who also runs a Leeway so I was looking forward to comparing notes, and completed the course last week under the guidance of Andy.

I would like to tell everyone what an great outfit Stormforce is and what a good job they did of ensuring that we not only got qualified but made sure we did it safely, with lots of other knowledge imparted on the way and had fun whilst we did it! The boat inspection prior to launching (to ensure that they were happy with it) was thorough and attention to safety detail throughout the course was exceptional. This has reinforced the message that I drive home to my kids when on the boat and has clearly had further impact on them! Andy was patient and understanding with the children as well, coping well with both ages and getting his message across. I can recommend them to anyone (Stormforce, not the kids!).

As if to reinforce the message I will be returning soon to update my SRC qualification and look into getting more paperwork for both smelly and rag powered craft.
Old 31 August 2006, 17:39   #2

Town: Southampton
Boat name: Yoda & Obi Wan
Make: XS700
Length: 7m +
Engine: 200 HP
Training

Mark

Glad you enjoyed the course and thanks for the reccomendation.

It was interesting to see another RIB like ours and discuss the boats with another owner.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Best Regards