Old 20 July 2017, 18:11   #1

Town: Liverpool
Length: no boat
Stockholm...where do I go for a recce.?

Dear All, Im from Britain but I'm up in Stockholm for the long weekend. Im doing a recce for next year as Im thinking of bringing the rib up here next year.I'm trying to gather info of where to go/see, any fees to be paid , what paper work is needed, slips, fuel stations , tides, vhf frequencies etc etc. Can anyone suggest where I could go to chat to people to get a feel for things.Regards Ta Nik
Old 28 July 2017, 05:30   #2

Town: Côte d'Azur
Boat name: Beaver Patrol
Make: Avon Searider SR4
Length: 4m +
Stockholm...where do I go for a recce.?

It's a gorgeous part of the world. Done quite a bit of boating over there. In terms of paperwork etc the usual stuff for taking a boat over to Europe would apply - SSR registration, insurance, ICC, radio licence etc. There's plenty of boatyards with cranes and slipways - Google is your friend. If you have a day to spare and want some inspiration and to get a feel of what's out there take a boat from the main quay in Stockholm - there's several which go out to various locations out in the archipelago. There's plenty of places to go and stay / eat / visit within a couple of hours of the city.

As for vhf channels, fuel info etc I would suggest purchasing an almanac or cruising guide for the area (amazon is your friend here). Fuel, both diesel and petrol is widely available on the quayside in that area.