Old 26 September 2010, 10:19   #1

Town: Lochcarron
Make: pacific 22,Naiad 6.8
Length: 6m +
Engine: Ford mermaid, Yam
Sternpowr Pacific parts

Does anyone have any, or can supply any parts for my 100 Series Sterndrive unit??

Are Lancing the only UK dealer for these drives?

Probably going to be needing main yoke and pivot shaft with both needle bearings also.Usual broken top cover maybe on my list too.

I do have some spare parts available, like steering ram, spare prop and lower leg if
someone wants to do a deal or swap..
Old 26 September 2010, 18:38   #2

Town: Plymouth
Boat name: 2XS
Make: Halmatic Pacific 24
Length: 7m +
Engine: 135hp Honda X2
Hi Doug
I repaired my spare leg pivot, as the bearings were totaly shot, they were running on the outer and inner races, loads of movement, but once the pin was removed (hard bit) fitted new bearing and seals for not a lot (local bearing supplier) job was a good un, don't think you will need a yoke.

All the bearings and seals are available from bearing suppliers, well mine anyway, once bought a seal for the propeller shaft from Linching marine, cost £70 +, ttok the box with the part number on to my supplier and it cost me £12 ish, got one for a spare.

www.austinmarine.co.uk
Ian Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2010, 11:02   #3

Town: The West End, Penryn.
Make: Delta
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 100
You could give this guy a try, I have bought a few bits from him last year. He is in the US but I was lucky enough to avoid import duty when I bought from him.

ruddymart@hotmail.com

He sells some parts on Ebay.com(as opposed to .co.uk)
Old 28 September 2010, 14:21   #4

I know where there is a Sternpwr outdrive for sale, it's in good nick, but is missing the colar that the drive bellows fits on to. £1500
Contact me if you want more info.

www.austinmarine.co.uk
Old 28 September 2010, 20:44   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Austin View Post
I know where there is a Sternpwr outdrive for sale, it's in good nick, but is missing the colar that the drive bellows fits on to. £1500
Contact me if you want more info.
Ok thanks Ian, do you have any pics of this drive unit??. Hopefully i wont need to buy a new one, but you never know??.

Mine is pretty ropey and that shaft down the middle could be a real pain to press out, to top it off my new steering ram is showing signs of salt water immersion already, its only been on a week!!. Think i will coat it in some of my best waterpump grease, old castrol stuff but it clings like the proverbial S*!?t..
Old 28 September 2010, 20:45   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbill View Post
You could give this guy a try, I have bought a few bits from him last year. He is in the US but I was lucky enough to avoid import duty when I bought from him.

ruddymart@hotmail.com

He sells some parts on Ebay.com(as opposed to .co.uk)
Great stuff i will drop him a line, thanks a lot..
Old 28 September 2010, 20:55   #7

I will get some pics if i can, it belongs to a guy who sold his Pac quite a while ago.

The pin on mine was a sh*t to get out until i drilled a hole in the blanked off end (bottom) and drifted it out with a big stick (with a heavy weight on the end) and a big punch, it is the inner bearing races that grip on the shaft, when you put it back together tap the hole you drilled fill with grease and fit a stubby bolt, Simples.

As with the steering ram, do you have the stainless braided hoses fitted, or has someone replaced them with rubber, the reason is the stainless outer acts as a bonding link, if rubber it is not bonded = seawater attack.

www.austinmarine.co.uk
Old 28 September 2010, 21:10   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Austin View Post
I will get some pics if i can, it belongs to a guy who sold his Pac quite a while ago.

The pin on mine was a sh*t to get out until i drilled a hole in the blanked off end (bottom) and drifted it out with a big stick (with a heavy weight on the end) and a big punch, it is the inner bearing races that grip on the shaft, when you put it back together tap the hole you drilled fill with grease and fit a stubby bolt, Simples.

As with the steering ram, do you have the stainless braided hoses fitted, or has someone replaced them with rubber, the reason is the stainless outer acts as a bonding link, if rubber it is not bonded = seawater attack.
So i take it the bottom hole is blind yes?, seems like the best way, time will tell.

All my hoses are braided, so i guess their earthed?. But i only have 1 anode on the yoke (small 2inch button type) and the other 1 is the trim tab.
Strange things anodes, i dont know if i need to earth the leg to the yoke and the transom and so on? do i need more anodes??any suggestions
Old 28 September 2010, 21:43   #9

I fitted a 0.9kg round zinc anode to the flat area of the tilt yoke and that seemed to work, don't fit aluminium anodes nearly cost me a new prop in one season, just make sure it has a good contact area.

Yes bottom is blind, until you drill a hole in it, loads of heat, release spray and plenty of welly wit big ammer.

www.austinmarine.co.uk
Old 04 October 2010, 02:24   #10

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: Pacific22
Make: Halmatic
Engine: Volvo Penta D6 350
MMSI: 235068452
Another vote for Ruddymart. We have used him in the past for our sternpowr drive, you will save a shed load over Dick Turpin and co at Lancing Marine
Old 04 October 2010, 05:54   #11

Town: Essex/Vendee
Boat name: shockwave,Voluntry 2
Make: Pac 22/ searider5.4
Engine: 180hp turbo,yam 90
Ian ,I had the same fright with the bottom prop seal but it was not in a box .Wonder why? so i couldnt for get a cheap one do you still have the part number by any chance.I still have the part no. for the other bearings in fact a boxed whole set incl.the U/J,s also for the drive from the gearbox.As i bought 2 sets when doing up my leg.I bought from JBT marine a complete leg incl. bearing box and rams that is my spare for my boat
Old 04 October 2010, 05:59   #12

Town: Essex/Vendee
Boat name: shockwave,Voluntry 2
Make: Pac 22/ searider5.4
Engine: 180hp turbo,yam 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandmarine View Post
Does anyone have any, or can supply any parts for my 100 Series Sterndrive unit??

Probably going to be needing main yoke and pivot shaft with both needle bearings also.Usual broken top cover maybe on my list too.

I do have some spare parts available, like steering ram, spare prop and lower leg if
If you want to ring me if its urgent i can give you the part numbers i have and the bearing company its in portsmouth but postage was cheap or I,ll post them hear in a couple of days.
Old 05 March 2011, 01:27   #13

Length: 9m +
Parts

I have many used 100Series pparts available. I ALSO have 2 factoey rebuilt drives still in the boxes. I am looking to sell these parts and drives very cheep. I am located in USA but ship over seas,Llet me know what you need and I will get you a cost.
WFMDFM1@VEROIZON.NET
Old 05 March 2011, 09:16   #14

Sternpowr 100 series parts

Hi, i am needing a complete upper half of power leg assembly, inc pivot yoke.

Mine is cracked where steering ram is mounted.
Also main steering pivot bearings are completely shot and the big pivot pin is badly corroded, so i cant even remove the bearings.

Steering and trim rams are very good, internal shafts, gears and transmission and seals good, so i dont need those, I dont need the transom bracket or lower leg half.

I attached a couple of pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	023.jpg
Views:	681
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	57392   Click image for larger version

Name:	Liz 014.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	57393  
Old 23 July 2012, 20:13   #15

Town: southbourne uk
Boat name: pacific safety
Make: pacicfic 22
Length: 10m +
Engine: inboard 140hp deisel
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandmarine View Post

I dont have the parts you need but the lower sternpowr leg and prop interest me greatly how much do want for them and what will it cost to ship them to bournemouth.
My e - mail is bobwalker3@virginmedia.com
Old 22 May 2014, 17:12   #16

Town: morro bay
Length: 8m +
FYI, Im in Central Cal , USA I have 2 complete 107 stern Powrs
1 complete 1000 , an additional 1000 upper gear case rebuilt with bent skag, and 1 NOS upper gear case 1000 , never wet , would like to get rid of thanks