Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > RIBs & ribbing
Click Here to Login

Old 09 January 2019, 02:57   #1

Town: east coast usa
Make: nautica
Length: under 3m
Engine: yamaha 701 jet
splash water drainage questions

Hi, Nautica rib jet 10. There are no manuals for my boat so hoping other makes use similar manufacturing techniques so my questions can be answered. Need help with the following please:

There are 2 cockpit drains. The water goes through them but ends up in the bilge. There are 2 plugs in the rear of the hull but they can't be open in the water. How does that water get out of the boat?

Water accumulates in the scupper areas of the cockpit on each side between the tubes and the hull. It just sits there. How does that water get out of the boat?

My boat has a regular type bilge pump with a discharge hose. Hose heads for back of the boat and disappears. How does that water get out of the boat?

thanks.
Old 11 January 2019, 12:25   #2

Old 11 January 2019, 15:03   #3

Town: Poole
Boat name: El Mono
Make: Ribtec 9M
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yanmar 315/Bravo III
Quote:
There are 2 cockpit drains. The water goes through them but ends up in the bilge. There are 2 plugs in the rear of the hull but they can't be open in the water. How does that water get out of the boat?
Typically via the bilge pump while the boat is afloat, or using the hull bungs/plugs when ashore.

Quote:
Water accumulates in the scupper areas of the cockpit on each side between the tubes and the hull. It just sits there. How does that water get out of the boat?
On my inboard Ribtec I have elephant trunks either side in these scuppers to allow the deck to be drained. If you don't have those, I guess you either somehow route the water down into the bilge for the pump to expel, or you mop it out.

Quote:
My boat has a regular type bilge pump with a discharge hose. Hose heads for back of the boat and disappears. How does that water get out of the boat?
Have you traced the hose back? Personally on my inboard RIB the bilge pumps exit the boat via a through fitting towards the top of the transom. It might be hidden behind the engine on the inside though, but is there anything on the outside?
Old 11 January 2019, 15:50   #4

Thank you.