As you will probably know from the Spirit of Cardiff journal
, Alan Carter has had to return home, potentially leaving Spirit short handed for the rest of the voyage.
Alan P, Clive and Steve have successfully operated as a three man crew before on the Round British Isles record, but there is obviously an opportunity for a fourth crew member.
This does not have to be for the whole of the remainder of the voyage, and could mean a commitment of as little as a week on board. This does not mean you will be a passenger though!
If you are interested, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Can you get away at short notice?
- Can you pay your costs getting to and from the boat?
- Are you able to get on with other people in difficult conditions?
- Do you know that you can cope with very little sleep?
- Can you still smile when everything is going wrong, your crewmates are annoying you, you haven't slept properly for 48 hours and the food is dreadful?
You will also need to contribute £2500 per week towards the running costs of the expedition. We can help organise travel arrangements, but you will need to pay your own way.
If you are seriously
interested then email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
with an indication of your availability and any relevant experience.