Old 27 September 2001, 17:08   #1

Town: N.C.
SouthHampton Boat Show

Any news from this years show concerning Ribs? Were sales up or down from previous years? Anys news appreciated.
Neil
Old 28 September 2001, 08:41   #2

Town: Portsmouth
Boat name: Not sure
Make: ABC/Priddy
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 500 FPT
The words "Crap & Boring" spring to mind
Old 28 September 2001, 09:54   #3
Trade member

Town: Yeovil, Somerset
Boat name: Ribcraft1
Make: Ribcraft
Length: no boat
Send a message via Skype™ to jace
Alan
Such a descriptive and informative answer, Perhaps with your journalistic skills you should offer your services to a Magazine

Neil

The show wasn’t too bad; the only major gripe is the demonstration speed limit of 25 Knots, which was pretty annoying. Didn’t seem as many Rib’s on the water as in previous years. The highlight of the show was the Guinness staff as usual

J
jace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2001, 10:42   #4

Hi Jace, You know me. If it can be said in the shortest possible time why go into great detail. You are quite right in saying the Guinness stand was the best attraction! I wonder where they find the girls from When ever we need to do a promotion we only get the normal ones! If you know what I mean without being sexist. Cheers
Alan P
Old 28 September 2001, 23:58   #5

Town: N.C.
Thanks...

I assume the speed limit change had to do with last years fatality. I have never read a full report of that accident. Is the London Show where the new year and big changes are introduced?
JC...I remember fondly watching the shamrocks being carved...by the B***...not once but many times, (my favorite slang is very out of fashion at the moment)
I'm still wondering if sales are seeing a pinch during this down turn in the economy? And if the rib market in general is strong in the UK?
Alan...What would make the Show more interesting for you and the public?

A little off topic...
I really like the wrap around console Redbay has for their 7m and up ribs, but have seen few alternatives for the smaller ribs by other companies (say in the 7-8m range), I've seen the larger "expidition consoles, but the added wind protection from a full or partial wrap around console seems like a good idea. Again any opinions are welcomed.
Neil
Old 29 September 2001, 07:57   #6

Hi Neil
Another Guinness stand would be a start, one for sailors and one for powerboaters might be an idea. Or One for crews that race sail boats and one for crews that race powerboats. Only joking,
I think the biggest problem is that by the time of the boat show I have seen what ever is going to be new and therefore I only go to see "Old Friends" so my views are not justified although it would be nice at somw timw if someone could re-invent the wheel so it was more efficiant.