Old 21 September 2004, 21:32   #1

Town: Exeter
Boat name: gazza's girl
Make: rib-X
Length: 5.75
Engine: Suzuki 90 4 stroke
Southampton boat show

Having attended the boat show on Sunday. Iam interested in what the members thought of the various rib stands....

As it was my first time for about ten years I was reasonably impressed with the presence that Ribs have now....

It would seem that the boating masses have finally realised the advantages of such craft,,,,,

Your thoughts????

Gazza
Old 21 September 2004, 23:15   #2

Town: Portsmouth
Boat name: Sting
Make: Tornado 6.8
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yam 200 HPDI
Send a message via MSN to Andy
I think you are right things have inproved over 10 years, lots of choice now. RIBs are now trendy, fast and at a more reasonable cost to traditional power boats. I thought it was a good show.

www.badviz.com
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2004, 11:17   #3
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza
As it was my first time for about ten years I was reasonably impressed with the presence that Ribs have now....
That's interesting to hear, because most people (myself included) who tend to go to boat shows regularly end up feeling that they are always the same. Perhaps they are changing more than we realise.

In my experience the thing that really makes the difference is whether you're actually looking to buy something, and if so what, or if you're just "having a look". I suspect that it's generally a better experience if you are on a mission!

John
Old 22 September 2004, 11:34   #4
RIBnet supporter

Town: West Wittering
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kennett
That's interesting to hear, because most people (myself included) who tend to go to boat shows regularly end up feeling that they are always the same. Perhaps they are changing more than we realise.

In my experience the thing that really makes the difference is whether you're actually looking to buy something, and if so what, or if you're just "having a look". I suspect that it's generally a better experience if you are on a mission!

John
Well I've been to the last 3 SBS and all the stands are in the same positions, same set up to a degree. I went last year just to browse and yes found it a bit mundane, however this year as I was actually looking "on a mission" I found it a lot more interesting and actually achieved what I wanted, although I found some of the staff on a LOT of stands were not really that keen to show you what they had to offer or explain their product to you, (unlike the copious amounts of ladies offering you a Credit Card) which I thought was the whole point of promoting their goods at a show!!