Old 23 January 2012, 19:57   #1

Town: leeds
Boat name: nichola
Length: 5m +
Engine: 60hp yamaha
slipway on the humber estuary

help, can anyone tell me what the slipway is like at humberston, i will be launching between may and oct,i have a 5m boat and will be using a car , thanks
Old 23 January 2012, 20:05   #2

Town: Wakefield
Boat name: Bouncer
Make: Redbay Stormforce
Length: 6m +
Engine: 2x Honda 100 Hp
MMSI: 235025718
Have a look on the boat launch thread I have it sounds rubbish no cars on beach small craft only.
Old 24 January 2012, 07:57   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by discomick View Post
Have a look on the boat launch thread I have it sounds rubbish no cars on beach small craft only.

as i am relatively new to this side of boats,i.e launch and retrieve,i am a little on the ignorant side, so please excuse me if i sound dumb, i am not really,
when you say small craft would that not include craft 5m and under, it also says 1/4 tide on the concrete ramp, i take it that would give me a window of around 3hrs before and after h/w, to launch and retrieve.
Old 24 January 2012, 10:36   #4

Town: Hull
Make: Bombard
Engine: Yam 60 2st
The main place along the Humber is Hessle foreshore.

You need a gate key though from the council as the access ramp is used by the inshore life boat.
Old 24 January 2012, 11:13   #5

Town: Jersey
Boat name: Archangel
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: ETec 225
MMSI: 235063789
You could change the order of the words in the title of this thread to "Humber on the estuary slipway" and it probably wouldn't change its meaning that much.
Old 24 January 2012, 11:46   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiffysteve

as i am relatively new to this side of boats,i.e launch and retrieve,i am a little on the ignorant side, so please excuse me if i sound dumb, i am not really,
when you say small craft would that not include craft 5m and under, it also says 1/4 tide on the concrete ramp, i take it that would give me a window of around 3hrs before and after h/w, to launch and retrieve.
I am a bit like you new to the rib side of life I was just going on what it said on boar launch and then looked at google earth and it don't look good
Hessle under the bridge is about the best I would say never launched there but it's hard ground.
Old 24 January 2012, 21:31   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by discomick View Post
I am a bit like you new to the rib side of life I was just going on what it said on boar launch and then looked at google earth and it don't look good
Hessle under the bridge is about the best I would say never launched there but it's hard ground.

it does sound ok but, the but being is most of my needs will be at the estuary and seaward , i hope to be doing a lot of fishing for tope which can be big around that area,so hessle would be a fair trek by boat,hence the reason for looking at humberston, i have just been looking at saltfleet but sounds like it could be a little daunting,
Old 24 January 2012, 21:41   #8

What about the Grimsby 1
Old 24 January 2012, 22:42   #9

Town: Cardiff
Make: Humber Destroyer 5.5
Engine: 90hp OB
Not sure whether it is good for your location or not but I've used the humber rescue slip in the past, directly under the bridge - chuck them a few quid and they will tractor launch and recover you. Plus ur supporting a valuable service.

Mike
Old 25 January 2012, 06:52   #10

that sounds like a good one mike thanks i will try that one for a fun day out,to fish from there is a long way to the sea so the further out the better, its just the fact i tow with a car, so launching from a beach is going to be out of the queestion ,unless their are facilities,i.e tractor or 4x4,they all seem to rely on the tides for the use of the slipway,may well have to go and launch at saltfleet haven and see how awkward it is to get to open water,then there is the access back over the sand bar should things take a turn for the worse,shame the coastgaurd slip on spurn is closed,or is it still there,does anyone know?
Old 25 January 2012, 07:07   #11

Town: yorkshire
Boat name: little vicky
Make: avon ex RNLI
Length: 3m +
Engine: tohatsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiffysteve
that sounds like a good one mike thanks i will try that one for a fun day out,to fish from there is a long way to the sea so the further out the better, its just the fact i tow with a car, so launching from a beach is going to be out of the queestion ,unless their are facilities,i.e tractor or 4x4,they all seem to rely on the tides for the use of the slipway,may well have to go and launch at saltfleet haven and see how awkward it is to get to open water,then there is the access back over the sand bar should things take a turn for the worse,shame the coastgaurd slip on spurn is closed,or is it still there,does anyone know?
Last I heard the road down to spun point was washed away totally in recent weeks as the lifeboat crew were doing their shopping over in Grimsby by boat, and only acces this week is by land rover along the. Beach
Old 25 January 2012, 07:15   #12

so a new slip has been created ,yippee,will maybe have to go for a ride out there in the very nr future