Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > RIBs & ribbing
Click Here to Login

Old 27 May 2012, 07:42   #1

Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Twin 50 Mariners
Sliips with weekend parking in Swanage/Poole/Kimmeridge area

Hi
Anyone know please whether any of the slips in the Swanage/Poole/Kimmeridge/etc area are practical for leaving a car and trailer for a weekend (Fri-Sun)? We're heading into Weymouth for the middle weekend of the Olympics - have a berth for the boat (and for us!) organised once there but I was thinking that rather than the hassle of trying to launch there given I imagine the town's going to be chaotic, it might be nice to launch further east (we're coming from that direction) and go in by sea. I see the various slips in the area listed in boatlaunch but it's not too clear which ones you can leave a car/trailer at for more than a day. Can you leave things for a weekend at Kimmeridge for example? Can you get a 3-day ticket for the car park at Swanage? 3/4 or more tidal within easy reach of Weymouth would be ideal. Any suggestions gratefully received!
Thanks
Old 27 May 2012, 10:26   #2

Town: Dewlsh
Boat name: Gadget
Make: Osprey - Eagle 5.6m
Engine: Suzuki DT100
You could try Redcliff Farm near Wareham......

It's a lovely trip out into Poole harbour and I imagine, as it's a campsite, you'll be able to leave your car and trailer there. Best call them first of course.
Old 27 May 2012, 10:33   #3

Town: Poole
Boat name: Exodus
Make: Tohatsu
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude 150
Cobbs quay have overnight parking but the slip is around £45 per round trip, you'll need to go to the marina office to check parking rates. Or try Rockley sands, slips a bit sandy and has cross tides on springs but you can park in the locked compound overnight, last year the slip was £30 I think.
Old 29 May 2012, 21:46   #4

Engine: Twin 50 Mariners
Thanks guys - very useful!

Cobbs Quay sounds a bit pricey! I've heard there is another yard next door to it - anyone know anything about that please?

And would still be grateful please for any advice re Swanage or Kimmeridge as well - anyone please?

Cheers
Old 31 May 2012, 14:25   #5

Town: Poole
Boat name: Chilli Rib
Length: 6m +
Engine: 2 x 90hp Outboard
The yard next to Cobbs is Davis's Boatyard and they share the same entrance but are cheeper. I think the slip is about £25 but I dont know if that includes parking, although outside the boatyard there are no double yellow lines or permit parking so you should be okay.
Old 31 May 2012, 14:32   #6

Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithyyy View Post
Thanks guys - very useful!

Cobbs Quay sounds a bit pricey! I've heard there is another yard next door to it - anyone know anything about that please?

And would still be grateful please for any advice re Swanage or Kimmeridge as well - anyone please?

Cheers
Yep - next door is Davis Yard - kept my boat there last season. Its a little less 'sophisticated' ( suits me well ! ) than Cobbs. Never had a problem with it , apart from it is a tidal slip which can cause problems if you time it wrong.

Worth a call.
Old 31 May 2012, 21:15   #7

Town: Hamble
Boat name: Worth the wait
Make: Parker
Length: 7m +
Engine: Outboard
Swanage has a good slip next to the RNLI slip, parking for car & trailer, though I dont know the costs.
Christchurch slip is always another option
Steve